Watercooled TJ-06

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

pdf27
*Lifetime Patron*

Watercooled TJ-06

Post by pdf27 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:57 am

Finally got some photos of my new (ish) PC, Dust Puppy. It's named after a character in the Userfriendly cartoon strip (my previous PC was named Erwin after another character).

System is an A8N-SLI running an A64 3000+, 1GB RAM, Samsung P120 HDD (suspended in the wooden apparatus at the top of the case, with a 120mm fan blowing over it), Seasonic S12, dual DVD +/- RW drives, XFX 6600GT.
Water system is Thermochill PA.160, Sunon A2123 240v fan @ 115v, 1/2" Tygon with 5/8" barbs on as many things as I could fit them to, Eheim 1048, DDen Maze 4 GPU, Little River Storm G4 & DDen Bayres. The entire case is lined with Accoustipack.

I'm pretty sure the 6600GT was damaged during the installation process, but by and large it still works (gives me pink spots onscreen sometimes but otherwise OK).

Accoustics are pretty good - close to white noise with no noticeable pure tones and virtually no HDD seek noise. It isn't as inaudible as I was aiming for (i.e. not drowned out by my internal organs!) but is pretty good and substantially better than my previous PC (92mm Papst @ 7v + Barracuda IV).

DG

Post by DG » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:51 pm

Did you have any problems with the Lian li bay covers? Do they fit propely on the TJ06 case?

ps: btw, very nice setup. :)

pdf27
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by pdf27 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:30 pm

DG wrote:Did you have any problems with the Lian li bay covers? Do they fit propely on the TJ06 case?
The CD-rom covers fit nicely with the case, but to get the drives to fit you have to attack the drive rails with a hacksaw or a pair of pliers. It isn't too difficult, took me 20 minutes or so to do both drives.
The Floppy bay cover needs some serious modification - I basically cut the entire structure behind the facia off, drilled two holes in it and screwed it into the tapped holes in the front plate which hold the normal bay covers in. I then had to cut down the plastic drive rails with a file to get the floppy drive to fit properly. That one took about an hour all told.
So they can be made to fit, but won't straight out of the box unfortunately. They do look good though :)