Tsunami TT WIP

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

isendir

Tsunami TT WIP

Post by isendir » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:44 am

Hi everyone! This is my first attemp to silence a computer. This is my setup:

* AMD 3400+ 939 (It's a rare oem version)
* Foxconn OEM Board (which I'll replace as soon as possible)
* 1GB Geil RAM with heatsinks
* Seagate 200GB 7200.8 Sata
* Liteon Reader and DVD Writer
* Ati X1900XT with Accelero X2
* Tacens Valeo PSU (horrible noise, but no money atm for a seasonic)
* Crappy CPU cooler from gigabyte (needs to be replaced with a ninja+nexus)

The first thing I did was buying a fan controller. I bought an Akasa fan controller with led screen and all that stuff whic can control up to four fans. Event at the lower speed, the thermaltake fans were horrible.

As i couldn't buy a pair of nexus fans, i bought two 120mm papst and it was a lot quieter, but not much.

I proceeded to remove the fan grils and it was a little bit better. But the intake in the tsunami case is very restrictive, so i proceeded to open the intake vents with brute force.

This is what i did to reduce hdd vibration. I also made a kind of duct to cool the harddrive.

I opened the pci slot beneath the radeon so it works as an intake and the card gets some fresh air and eliminated the lateral panel hole:

Previous temperatures were 45º for the hdd and 55º for the gpu. I can't take CPU temperatures as the mobo sensor oscillates like crazy. With the home made modding temperatures decreased to 37º for the hdd and 47º for the X1900xt.

lucke

Re: Tsunami TT WIP

Post by lucke » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:41 am

isendir wrote: * Tacens Valeo PSU (horrible noise, but no money atm for a seasonic)
What do you mean by that? Isn't Valeo semi-passive and generally quite quiet when the fan kicks in?

isendir

Post by isendir » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:47 am

Not mine. It's quite noisy when the fans kicks in, and it does almost all the time (even when idle).

Sparkytfl

Post by Sparkytfl » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:13 pm

Not sure how much it matters to you, but if you screw a piece of clear plastic to the inside of that side fan hole, it looks a lot better.
Last edited by Sparkytfl on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

isendir

Post by isendir » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:48 pm

I'm no very concerned about looks :P and i didn't have anything around like that.