My fairly silent Thermaltake system

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mrk

My fairly silent Thermaltake system

Post by mrk » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:19 am

My pc was upgraded recently and it's all complete now, just got a seagate 7200.10 320GB to replace the maxtor Plus10 200gb on Monday and I'm all set :)

The GFX is the loudest part now, the thermal throttling kicks in when you load a video, the idle noise is also a audible higher pitched hum but it's easy to get used to...I'm looking for passive/heatpipe cooling for this really.

Heatpipe cooling on the mobo as standard :)

Ultra silent HX520 :)

Silent 120mm Tt intake with soft mesh dust filters on the fascia

Streamlining the interior

Heatpipe cooling for the cpu too. The HD drives are mounted to the hdd cage using rubber grommets between the cage and hdd to eliminate resonance.

Akasa 120mm silent on rear (all fans controlled by Speedfan btw and set to 60% power max)

Video of bootup noise and ambient noise then idle noise as Speedfan loads and throttles down to 60% fan speed.
http://www.fixit-4u.net/mrk/root/videos/pc.wmv (17MB)

Closure shots ;)

edit*

Full view request:
Last edited by mrk on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanW

Post by DanW » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:05 am

nice cabling!

Have you got a picture of the whole system from the front? What are the Alkasa fans like on full speed? Do you need the fans to be at 60% before they are quiet?

Nice pictures too, what camera's that?

Tephras

Post by Tephras » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:18 am

DanW wrote:Nice pictures too, what camera's that?
I agree, very nice pictures. My guess is that they have been taken with a Canon EOS 350D.

stv

Post by stv » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:23 pm

nice case!!!!!!!

do you have problems with the sata cables conectors in hard disk and the window?????????'

mrk

Post by mrk » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:44 pm

DanW wrote:nice cabling!

Have you got a picture of the whole system from the front? What are the Alkasa fans like on full speed? Do you need the fans to be at 60% before they are quiet?

Nice pictures too, what camera's that?

I shall add a whole system picture in one moment :)

The Akasa fans are quiet at full speed, I just put them at 60% because I dont have them mounted to the case using rubber washers so there is resonance at full speed and the cpu fan is also quite audible (not whiny but like an ambient hum) so that too is at 60%

As above the camera is a 350D :)
stv wrote:nice case!!!!!!!

do you have problems with the sata cables conectors in hard disk and the window?????????'
The funny thing is I thought the SATA cables would be a problem but they were not! it's like the length of the plug end was made to fit like a glove :)