Lian-Li w/ Q6600 / Scythe inja / ThermalTake (Lots-O-pics)

Show off your quiet rig.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

DPC

Lian-Li w/ Q6600 / Scythe inja / ThermalTake (Lots-O-pics)

Post by DPC » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:13 pm

Hi - First time post, but long time reader! Many thanks for all the great ideas!

I finally got around to putting together a quiet system for a friend so I decided to share. About the only thing left to do is to silence the HD (raptor 10k) otherwise it's pretty quiet. I lined it using Akasa "Paxmate" and the extra power cables were routed to the opposite side of the case to keep them out of sight.
Last edited by DPC on Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DPC

Post by DPC » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:16 pm

PRE-BUILD - Messy!

The Paxmate

Cleaning up the extra Power Cables

I removed the stock NB cooler and replaced it with the Zalman ZM-NB47J, but discovered that it was getting pretty hot. To keep it cool I added the Scythe 40mm (SY124010L) fan to the top of it. I found some DIY guides out there using wooden dowls, zip ties, etc.. But I discovered that with just 4 x #10 screws I was able to securely attach the fan!

Thanks again for ALL the ideas and now onto my system, but first I gotta silence the 8800 GTS before I post up pics! ;-)

pingu666
Friend of SPCR

Post by pingu666 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:26 pm

hehe that 40mm on zalman is cute :D

did the soundproofing smell? when ive used it in the past it stank, i used to buy it way before use and stick it in the conservatory which we dont use to air for a few weeks :lol:

Rackafella

Post by Rackafella » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:45 am

nice! but where are the nexus 80mm? cant find it.
Do you realy need the extra 120mm on the ninja? two big fans are already pulling air from it :)

DPC

Post by DPC » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:59 pm

pingu666 wrote:did the soundproofing smell?
When I first opened the box there was a little bit of that rubbery smell, but after installing it in the case it wasn't even noticeable
pingu666 wrote:nice! but where are the nexus 80mm? cant find it.
Do you realy need the extra 120mm on the ninja? two big fans are already pulling air from it
Thanks! The 80mm is for the top exhaust. Here's that pic.

That's how I originally had it (no fan) and the CPU was running around 45C so I put it on. The stock fan that came with the ninja is really quiet and it brought the idle temp back down to mid 30's.. The Noctuas are only 800rpm.. so they do not move a lot of air.