M/B: Biostar T-Power I45 MB,
Video: Nvidia GTX 260 896mb,
Case: Coolermaster Cosmos RC-1000,
H/D: OCZ Agility 60gig, WD 320gig, WD 500gig,
Memory: 2 x 2 Gig G.Skill PI (4-4-4-12),
CPU Cooler: OCZ Vendetta 2,
PSU: Enermax Modu 82+ 525 Watts
Fans: x3 120mm Scythe Slipstream 800 rpm

This computer is for CAD desing and gaming and I can say it is quiet, I have some vibration noise from the CPU fan but I've ordered a new one (Sharkoon Silent Eagle).

I get 28C on Idle and 34C on load, some my CPU temps are very good for the O/C'ed processor.

Ther is some pictures:

The open beast at work: (I know, the SSD is not fixed, I forgot to buy and adapter)

Close-up on the CPU:

The beast at rest:

The mess of cable in the back of the "VERY PRATICAL" Cosmos:

Your comments and questions are welcome
Last edited by matcote on Tue May 11, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoGuE

Post by RoGuE » Tue May 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Hi,

What cools the HDD's? if anything

Is that case loud? It just seems like theres a lot of metal in there that could be rattling around a little bit with that HDD configuration.

It's obvious you spent a lot of time on cable management, that's always nice to see!

matcote

Post by matcote » Tue May 11, 2010 6:06 pm

1st question:

In this case there is 2 exaust fans and one intake. There is an intake grill right uner the HDD cage so fresh air is coming from there.

2nd question:

This case is pretty quiet I was having a Antec P150 before this one and this is the same level of noise. The metal in the case does not suffer of the vibration of the hard drive. I use soft Antec silicone mounts to fix it. But All my operating system and programs are loaded in the SSD, so I doesn't ear my old hard drives!!!

Thank for the compliment for the cable managing, this was the hard part of this job because there is no space behind the M/B tray in the Cosmos and this hard to manage the cable on this case. This is the main problem with this case.

BlackWhizz

Post by BlackWhizz » Wed May 12, 2010 12:04 am

That cosmos is HUGE. But i didnt expect it is can be quiet. Because of the huge space. I thougt it would be harder to cool because there is much space between components.

But that looks pretty darn silent.

TheZeroorez

Post by TheZeroorez » Wed May 19, 2010 12:24 pm

BlackWhizz wrote:That cosmos is HUGE. But i didnt expect it is can be quiet. Because of the huge space. I thougt it would be harder to cool because there is much space between components.

But that looks pretty darn silent.
It's pretty silent. In fact, as an out-of-the-box case it's way more silent than many others.

Nice build. And yeah, the Cosmos isn't practical at all, the thing in the middle on the right side is the worst, stopping you from managing cables over there :roll:

matcote

Post by matcote » Wed May 19, 2010 2:42 pm

For "silence out of the box" it can be very quiet but, for me, all the fan coming with the case have a very annonying clicking noise.

Thats doesn't bother at all because I already have my slipstream.

bozar

Post by bozar » Wed May 19, 2010 3:14 pm

matcote wrote:1st question:

In this case there is 2 exaust fans and one intake. There is an intake grill right uner the HDD cage so fresh air is coming from there.

2nd question:

This case is pretty quiet I was having a Antec P150 before this one and this is the same level of noise. The metal in the case does not suffer of the vibration of the hard drive. I use soft Antec silicone mounts to fix it. But All my operating system and programs are loaded in the SSD, so I doesn't ear my old hard drives!!!

Thank for the compliment for the cable managing, this was the hard part of this job because there is no space behind the M/B tray in the Cosmos and this hard to manage the cable on this case. This is the main problem with this case.
I have seen cable-management running on the back of the motherboard-tray in other Cosmos 1000 galleries, are you sure there's nothing else hindering you from closing the right side-panel?
It may not be possible to run cables over each other but no case that I know of handles that, not even P18X.

I fastened my own cables after cutting holes for cable management in my Chieftec and after applying bitumen, there was very little space left, really helps if you use clamps in unused holes in the motherboard tray, you can fasten cables and squeeze them really tight so there will be a better fit.