SLI Case choices...

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

nosoup_fouru

SLI Case choices...

Post by nosoup_fouru » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:43 pm

I'm gonna' take the jump to SLI in a couple months and I don't think my venerable Antec SLK3000B is roomy enough for the job. So, current SLI owners tell me what case you are using and even better, show me some pictures. I am very paticular about wiring and air flow so a pic is truly worth a thousand words in this discussion.

I have no real price cap but I do have issues paying more than $125 for a case, but I could be persuaded. I would like to avoid aluminum so I can miss out on resonance and noise. And not too huge, but again I can make exceptions for the right case. So help me out guys, what should I buy?

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:59 pm

Greetings,

I'm not sure that I understand how you would need more room for two video cards? The motherboard is still ATX, and the 3000B has plenty of room...sounds like an attempted rationalization? :wink:

nosoup_fouru

Post by nosoup_fouru » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:17 pm

I've got 3 hard drives and the way the drives overhang the motherboard it has been a hassle getting one 7800GT in with cable management, let alone 2.

stupid

Post by stupid » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:00 am

Pictures would help.

Are you using PATA or SATA hard drives?

You can get a big case like the Antec P180. But you PSU cables may be stretched to their limits.