KK Concept Case

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

quest_for_silence

Re: KK Concept Case

Post by quest_for_silence » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:41 am

xavierk wrote:The connectors would be inaccesible. They would be on the floor of the case.

Indeed I've said it would be less practical: nonetheless with sort of a slide-in tray (as in some Lian Li?) for the PSU, it might be done, and providing a wide squared cut under those PSU's connectors, you might also aid a (somewhat different) cable routing/management (under the motherboard tray), with probably less impeding for the nearby front intake fan.

xavierk

Re: KK Concept Case

Post by xavierk » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:51 pm

ces wrote:
xavierk wrote:We have cooling grills on the left side for the GPU, and on the right side for the CPU.
I don't see it on the CPU side.

And still, why would you not put full ventilation on both sides? What is the reason for not doing that? It can only help. What makes you think it will harm anything?
You are right. They do not show on these renders, our mistake. We just assumed (which is a bad thing to do in any design I guess) that since lots of cases have holes just near the CPU cooler instead of the whole side that it would be the best thing to do. We're taking your advice by heart and are going one step further. We're planning on meshing the right side too, and placing 120mm mounting holes there, too. So you could have 5(!) 120mm fans in that case (2 left, 2 right, 1 back). We will report back soon.

As for the PSU orientation we will have to measure some more. We don't want to make any wrong statements. We will get back to you, promise. :D
Thanks for the response so for :D

Kind regards,
K2.