Nexus breeze case - do people like it?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Nexus breeze case - do people like it?

Post by newbie » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:00 pm

http://www.nexustek.nl/breeze.htm

Does anybody know anything about the above case?

How do you think it would compare with the Antec BQE? - beats it with the power supply that comes with it?

I don't know what the price would be - probably way to expensive for me and the BQE would probably beat it in that respect.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:10 pm

I'm not sure if anyone here's even used one yet. Search the forums for "nexus AND breeze" and see what you come up with.

pandamonium54

Post by pandamonium54 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:29 pm

Awesome find. If only the released it before the P160 shipped....

pandamonium54

Post by pandamonium54 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:32 pm

Bloops.
Past thread.... I've been out of the loop for far too long...

Nowhere_man

Post by Nowhere_man » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:32 pm

Looks like a nice enclosure but, I don't see how routing all the hot air through the power supply can be a good thing for the life cycle of the power supply. Hmmmm.......

nathannookie

What End PC Noise says about the PS inside the Nexus...

Post by nathannookie » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:46 pm

Nowhere_man wrote:Looks like a nice enclosure but, I don't see how routing all the hot air through the power supply can be a good thing for the life cycle of the power supply. Hmmmm.......

NX-3500 Power Supply - Quiet 350 Watt PSU
Our top pick. More airflow, less noise.
This is the most amazingly quiet power supply we've ever tested or sold! Not only is it impossible to hear, but with a top-mounted 120mm fan with wire grill, and a tranparent back full grid, it moves more air through your case than any truly quiet power supply on the market! In fact, in tests in our own quiet computers, CPU temperatures dropped as much as 10 degrees Celcius during 100% CPU load testing. This temperature drop is based on a comparison between the NX-3500 and quiet power supplies equipped with 80mm fans and already designed for proper airflow. Because of its incredible airflow, this quiet power supply is well-suited for today's 3 Ghz and above quiet pcs.

The NX-3500 quiet power supply designed by NexusTek is the latest in innovation and efficiency. The NX-3500 uses a 120mm quiet fan to move a greater amount of air at a lower noise level. The wire grill, large quiet fan, heavy duty heatsink, and quiet circuitry all add up to optimum airflow, minimum noise. The NX-3500 quiet power supply provides the user with 350 watts of power for today's power hungry machines, but a silent 19.2 dB(a) of noise. The fan, located on the bottom of these quiet power supplies, blows up, rather than out, substantially reducing power supply noise when mounted in your PC

nathannookie

I'll buy it when it comes as BTX

Post by nathannookie » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:54 pm

I love the case from what I've read, both in function and styling.

I don't even mind spending the $240 that End PC Noise charges for it.
http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/breeze.html

BUT...I'll wait till it's available in a BTX or ATX/BTX configuration. I'd hate to toss such a wonderful case away when everything moves to BTX.

I wrote to them expressing a desire for BTX compatibility, and they wrote back saying that BTX would be coming at some point.

nathannookie

Review...

Post by nathannookie » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:00 pm

Ralf Hutter wrote:I'm not sure if anyone here's even used one yet. Search the forums for "nexus AND breeze" and see what you come up with.
I wrote Silent PC Review's editor asking that they do a review on it.

palmerston

Post by palmerston » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:43 am

would this case be compatable with my dual opteron Tyan s2895 motherboard?

nici

Post by nici » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:33 am

If it hasnt been deleted, there should be a thread of my setup with a nexus breeze in the gallery. try searching for watercooled nexus or something.

EDIT: heres the thread. http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewto ... xus+breeze

240$ is silly money for one of these, honestly. the 400W version is 145€ here, the 350W version is a tenner cheaper. Inside its a very basic case, with the added plastic on the outside wich does dampen the noise a bit. Its also huge on the outside, but small on the inside. I dont like it much really. My main concern being that the PSU is the only exhaust, and the back panel is not flat so its a bit more challenging to make a hole for a fan there. Its a sturdy case though, and the plastic parts fit nicely with no funny rattles. The bottom fan collects every piece of dust near the computer, expect to clean it at least once a week. The 3xxx antecs are much nicer to work with inside, too. Its not a crappy case but it did have potential for more. Not worth 240$ imo, cant you get a P180 and a phantom for that amount of money in the states?

A friend of mine ordered a computer with a nexus case, with a 6800Ultra in it :shock: If i remember ill report back here how it sounds when i see the monster :lol:

vherva

Re: Nexus breeze case - do people like it?

Post by vherva » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:47 am

newbie wrote:http://www.nexustek.nl/breeze.htm

Does anybody know anything about the above case?
I ordered the case last summer and so far I'm very happy with it. It is quiet, and performs pretty well in other respects as well.

I have fairly low-power components: Tualatin Celeron 1.4GHz (35-30W) and a Geforce 440MX (without a fan), so I can't comment on the cooling efficiency. The airflow seems to be enough for what I have.

Two downsides:

- It is ugly. Doesn't matter when it's under the table, but I'd prefer something that doesn't resemble a large toy robot.
- It would be nice if the harddrive bays were dampened to reduce vibration and resonance. Not that this is a great problem with the Seagate Barracuda IV I have.

niels007

Post by niels007 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:42 pm

I build a Fx55 SLI gfx setup with this case and it couldn't cope. The case is not bad, the side panels seem pretty solid and the damping material will actually help a little. Good for low power systems, but it can't cope with the heat of a powerfull system.

nici

Post by nici » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:12 pm

niels007 wrote:. Good for low power systems, but it can't cope with the heat of a powerfull system.
Thats what i was saying. i think. ANyway, my frined got hes machine running, and the loud 6800GT does get much guieter when the side panel is closed, so the case does a pretty good job at dempening noise. It amkes it much smooother. the nosie i mena.

davebell1

Post by davebell1 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:50 pm

I built a computer using this case. LOVED it. QUIET, and excellent stability tempuratures. Onlu thing was it is pretty big. I like my computers on my desk. So, I built a new AMD64X2 rig using the same as my other computer, Antec 2650BQE. Mid to small in size, and I will silence it by using a NEXUS 400 PS, Thermalright XP 90 with Nexus 92MM fan. I got the ASUS Premium board with heat pump for chipset fan, and an ASUS 128 Fanless vid card, PCI-E.

So, if anyone wants to buy the Nexus computer, Intel baord, P4 2.8 Northwood Zalman 7000Alcu, NEW MAxtor 300 GIG 16meg cache, just let me know :)

SPCR Rocks bigtime. Noise sucks. Dave