New UK Chenbro bundle

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Alan_Grey

New UK Chenbro bundle

Post by Alan_Grey » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:05 am

Hi all, I'm a newbie to silent pc building, just researching a parts list right now. I thought you might be interested in this:

https://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/spe ... CHE-GBSLNW

The price of this bundle seems a little low for the included PSU to be the Nexus 350W model, so I emailed Novatech and they told me that the case doesn't come with a PSU at all - clearly their mistake because the regular non-psu Gaming Bomb is £20 cheaper. I've asked them again and I'll post the response when I receive it.

Meanwhile, has anyone seen this bundle anywhere else or is it definitely a Novatech only offer?
Last edited by Alan_Grey on Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sorenbro

Post by sorenbro » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:25 pm

Why would you think that it comes with a Nexus PSU?

Alan_Grey

Post by Alan_Grey » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:12 pm

Because Novatech are one of about 3 sites in the UK who stock Nexus products, and it fits the description of a "350W Silent PSU". I'm sure it isn't, it's too cheap, but I'd like to know what it is.

I've also found out from this article that some Gaming bombs come with some Fortron PSU. Even so, I'd like to know the model number so I can see exactly which one.

DonP

Post by DonP » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:58 pm

If you get an answer from Novatech then I'd appreciate if you share it here - I might in interested in this combo for a friend's new computer.

Alan_Grey

Post by Alan_Grey » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:27 am

Well, they now have the case in stock, so hopefully the Novatech person who said they'd find out which PSU it is will be able to get back to me soon.