Thanks everyone for the tips!

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Rizban

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Post by Rizban » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:36 pm

Thanks everyone for the tips building my new system. I've only just started my upgrade from an old 1GHz Athlon with an Enlight beige box.

A few days ago I received my Evercase 4252, Panaflo 12L 120mm fan, a couple of fanmates and assorted pieces. After moving everything to the new case I was very surprised at the difference. Noise levels are certainly better and my system is quite a bit cooler as well.
I love this case. It looks quite nice in black IMHO. It's cooling features are great without any modification other than the addition of two 120 fans at reduced voltage.

My CPU temp dropped 5 degrees, even after dialing down the voltage on the old fan/heatsink. Plus the harddrives went from 45C to 37C.

Of course now I notice things that never heard before such as the video card fan and spin of the hard drives :). I can see how once you get bitten by the quiet bug, it's hard to know when to stop.

I haven't started with the big ticket items yet, such as the CPU/MB, Video Card, and Power Supply, but I suspect that what I've learned from the forums around here will help me keep things quiet.

Thanks again for all the suggestions(past, present, and future).