A consolidation of the upside-down boards

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

smoothness

A consolidation of the upside-down boards

Post by smoothness » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:49 pm

While searching for a more elegant case in order to suit my needs a la coolermaster/atc/silverstone, i came upon this, which is similar to the aerocool one, which is the same as the silverstone case, which are all probably knock offs/homages to the bevy of high end cases by Lian-li.

-edit-
Enermax version.
Last edited by smoothness on Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:08 pm

Thermaltake "imitating" another brand's successful product....
What an idea :lol:

Man, they've even hijacked B&O CD players and as usual mucked up the front intake. Stealing at its best... :evil:

Strange.... Thermalrock isn't present in Thermaltake's site.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:46 pm

OK, so that case is NOT Thermaltake (newegg has it wrong), it's ThermalROCK.

And guess what - the guys are a ripoff of Thermaltake --- Justice come full circle I say...

The site is a TT imitation, product names are similar (Dragon tower, Ocean dome,..)

Same BS product info ("Ultrasilent" 92mm CPU cooler fan at 21dBA / 2500 rpm)

Black/orange fans, tt-lookalike bay controller, etc. We really are going to have fun...

luggage

Post by luggage » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:57 pm

Actually - if that had been a BO CD-changer in front it would have been really cool 8)

... but it's "CD storage", wtf? :roll:

http://www.thermalrock.com/chassis/circle/circle.htm

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:41 am

The Engrish is strong in this one...

"Circle--Because It Completes You."

-Ed

smoothness

Post by smoothness » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:20 pm

the worst part is that i even thought about B&O/Nakamichi the first time I saw the case. Then someone on hardforums complained about it not playing anything. So then i thought "how hard could it be to rip apart an Audio CD player, as well as a CD/DVD-ROM drive?" New plan = finding cheap electronics to see if i can wire an IDE cable+motor to where the holder is. I mean, everything's feasible, it's just the amount of effort you're willing to put into it.

burcakb

Post by burcakb » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:31 pm

the flash animation shows a MOVING part. If it's not a player head, wtf is that contraption? I just don't understand these ripoff guys. I mean, if you're going to get sued, at least let it be worth something :)

mathias

Post by mathias » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:50 pm

I think that company is either a subsidiary of thermaltake, or is intended to be a farce of it.

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:54 pm

burcakb wrote:I mean, if you're going to get sued
Why would they get sued :?:

The front might look like a B&O, but as long as it doesn't play CD's, I don't think any judge will have a problem with it.

We suddenly see exactly the same case body with several different fronts from different brands. That probably means some nameless Chinese or Korean manufacturer makes these bodies and sells them to the "brands".

The website from ThermalROCK may have the same style (bloated engrish and ugly graphics) as the one from Tt, but the difference is quite obvious to me. (But maybe I am smarter than the guys at Newegg :twisted: ) There are more brands targeting the bling oriented lan-party crowd. We don't buy from them either.

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:27 pm

quote form their site

"Our aim is to be the true market leader; our goal is to provide more skillful and original designs while maintaining our product quality and affordability. The ability to surpass what is common is what allows us to ROCK the industry."

smoothness

Post by smoothness » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:36 pm

"diversity is the key to a good market." - someone important said that. i mean, it can't hurt if there's a bit of diversity in the choices we have for the case style.

Trip
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Trip » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:06 pm

conformity can lower costs though.