Anyone tried this Inwin case?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

thegrommit

Anyone tried this Inwin case?

Post by thegrommit » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:41 am

I have fond memories of my old S500, but want something with stealthed drive bays and this Inwin C720T looks promising.

It's been mentioned in the forum, but nobody has posted about it. Anyone? Bueller? 8)

NeilBlanchard

not yet...

Post by NeilBlanchard » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:32 pm

Hello:

I have not tried it yet, but I'm hoping to -- at the price that they are selling it for at NewEgg, you can replace the fan and the PS and it still would not be overly expensive -- and if either the PS and/or the fan are quiet, then it is a baaaagain! The fan grills look to be as open as anything this side of a wire grill or no grill...

Who's gonna be first? Who can tell us if this case is good/great/indifferent?

David Mitchell
Friend of SPCR

Post by David Mitchell » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:55 am

Interesting case — the front looks a bit messy to me, but it's not too bad. I prefer the white version. If I get one I'll let you all know.

frankgehry

front fan

Post by frankgehry » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:41 am

Does it have a front fan mount. It looks like there are some vents in front but it doesn't mention anything in the specs.. The side duct looks interesting. - FG

thegrommit

Re: front fan

Post by thegrommit » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:21 am

frankgehry wrote:Does it have a front fan mount. It looks like there are some vents in front but it doesn't mention anything in the specs.. The side duct looks interesting. - FG
Looking at the pics on newegg, it doesn't look like there is a front fan mount.

David Mitchell
Friend of SPCR

Post by David Mitchell » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:22 pm

thegrommit wrote:Looking at the pics on newegg, it doesn't look like there is a front fan mount.
I agree with you, but that's the IW-Z720T.I300FU2AD, which has a 92mm rear fan and lacks a hard drive cage. The IW-C720T.I300FU2AD has the 120mm rear fan and a hard drive cage. I haven't spotted other differences — waitaminute, what's wrong with me?! The first one is a microATX case! I don't know if I've seen such a well-ventilated one before. Very interesting!

thegrommit

Post by thegrommit » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:47 pm

David Mitchell wrote: I agree with you, but that's the IW-Z720T.I300FU2AD, which has a 92mm rear fan and lacks a hard drive cage. The IW-C720T.I300FU2AD has the 120mm rear fan and a hard drive cage. I haven't spotted other differences — waitaminute, what's wrong with me?! The first one is a microATX case! I don't know if I've seen such a well-ventilated one before. Very interesting!
LOL - that'll teach me for posting in a hurry. Let us know if you get one (I'm still trying to find a local retailer that stocks Inwin).