Removing front cover on SLK3000B

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

TealFreak

Removing front cover on SLK3000B

Post by TealFreak » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:07 pm

Has anyone done this? I'm not talking about the whole front panel just the door piece that covers up the drive bays. I'd like to remove mine but it seems like it's on there kind of permanent. Hate to break my brand new case. :(

frankgehry

cover 3000b

Post by frankgehry » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:42 pm

My front cover (not just the door) happened to be off and it looks like its on permanently. If you wanted to take it off permanently I think you could do it neatly but you would have open the door and drill out the little hinge pin in the top and bottom of the door. I don't think there's anyway to pop it off. - FG

macman

Re: Removing front cover on SLK3000B

Post by macman » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:39 am

TealFreak wrote:Has anyone done this? I'm not talking about the whole front panel just the door piece that covers up the drive bays. I'd like to remove mine but it seems like it's on there kind of permanent. Hate to break my brand new case. :(
I have removed the door on my 3000B front panel. I don't like doors and I don't think it will cost anything in terms of noise but will have to wait and see.

The front panel has two pins that fit into holes in the door. I took the whole front panel off and then used a screw driver from behind in the top small slot to lever the door down until it popped out. I think it would be quite easy to break it so you have to be careful if you want to be able to put the door back on, not to mention breaking the front panel itself..

I can post some pics if you need them - let me know.