Sonata and I/O panel!!?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

filete

Sonata and I/O panel!!?

Post by filete » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:07 pm

Hi!
Maybe this is not the right forum to post this question,
but I didn´t find where to, and besides its about the Sonata case:
Here it goes:

I need to change the I/O panel of the case,
but I just can´t figure out how to do that...
How is that fixed, I dont want to screw the case with any tool!

Any advise?

Thanks

Devonavar
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Devonavar » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:49 pm

IO panels just pop out under a bit of pressure. As I recall, the Sonata shield is reinforced with steel, so it's a bit more involved. I think I used a flathead screwdriver on one end to press down the metal tabs that hold it in place so it would come out smoothly, and the rest just followed from there. You can also use the hammer method: Place a flat block of wood on the outside of the panel and hit with a hammer. The block distributes the force of the hammer and prevents damage to the IO shield.

inti

Post by inti » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:37 am

This made me think of something: has anybody tried removing the I/O panel completely for better airflow? If you attach some kind of small external duct/barrier to protect it from recirculating the case fan output, it could provide good fresh air intake in a location which (on some motherboards, for example Asus Socket A series) is right next to your CPU heatsink/fan. Due to the location, that arrangement would probably work best with the CPU fan on suck instead of blow (I prefer suck instead of blow anyway, in the Sonata).