Need help with my slk300b and noise vibration

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

pitch

Need help with my slk300b and noise vibration

Post by pitch » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:35 am

Hi,

Got an issue whereby the plastic front panel is starting to vibrate, if i put my hand onto it that damps it enuff to be silent, and the vibration carries thru to the living room downstairs.

It is situated on a rubber car mat which i would have hoped would deaden it.

After solutions to stop the case cover vibrating and as to the best way to seat the case on a wooden floor.

cheers,mark........

Lifecycle

Post by Lifecycle » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:11 am

What have you got inside it? Is this a problem with say, a DVD drive?

RedSnapper

Post by RedSnapper » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:05 pm

Maybe try some bits of foam between metal case and panel. If your hand can dampen it, then maybe tightly squeezed foam will (obviously avoiding air intakes).

MonsterMac

Post by MonsterMac » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:57 pm

The front panel as in the 'forward front' part, the whole front bezel?

Try figuring out of it's fastened all the way on there, for the bottom clips sometimes i had to bang on my case to get them to fasten, that could cause the vibration I suppose.

pitch

Post by pitch » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:01 am

HI,

That has got me thinking actually my drives etc are loosly fitted because i cant figure out how the drive bays work.

Can some one tell me how you should screw the drives into the bays as there are gaps either side of the drives.

cheers, mark..............

BigDonut

Post by BigDonut » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:11 am

pitch wrote:HI,

That has got me thinking actually my drives etc are loosly fitted because i cant figure out how the drive bays work.

Can some one tell me how you should screw the drives into the bays as there are gaps either side of the drives.

cheers, mark..............
With my case came some drive mounting rails
you screw these onto the dvd/cd drive and then slide in and it should clip in place.
Normally there are only a couple of positions the rails will fit onto the drive. Check which one will best fit the drive in the case and thats it

RedSnapper

Post by RedSnapper » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:11 pm

Yeah, the front panel, they are a bugger to remove/fasten.

As for the CDROM rails, as BigDonut said, just screw them to the drives then slide them in from the front, they clip in. If I remember the flat side goes against the drive, towards the bottom of the drive.

I'm guessing you worked out the hard drive grommits? Better still suspend or mount your drives on foam, that'll probably eliminate 90% of the case vibration.

pitch

Post by pitch » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:04 am

Cheers guys.

Red snapper : dont think ui've got the grommets sorted properly as that drive seems noisier than the other one.

No wonder i was having problems with the "drive" rails have to sort them now :).

mark..............