THG "reviews 13 midtowers

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

luggage

THG "reviews 13 midtowers

Post by luggage » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:06 am

http://www20.tomshardware.com/howto/20050411/index.html

The usual - it's THG, take it for what it is - disclamer

Gholam

Post by Gholam » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:18 am

Either they got a bad sample of Centurion, or they are complete idiots, or they decided they didn't get paid off well enough. The entire front of this case is filtered, which is a well known fact, and yet they specifically say there's no filter. Me, I'm leaning towards the third option.

niels007

Post by niels007 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:36 pm

out of all the cases only 2 or 3 are 'ok'.. the rest is sooooooooooooo ugly! so that means that only around 2 or 3 out of 13 consumers have any sort of taste and the other 10/11 lack any common sense and style? :)

Devonavar
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Devonavar » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:50 pm

To all users replying to this thread:

Please limit your replies about THG reviews to constructive criticism that is specific to the case review being discussed. Badmouthing other sites isn't cool, no matter how badly skewed you think their data is. Glib comments about methodology (or lack thereof) and veiled accusations of corruption don't belong in a forum about cases. If you truly feel the need to rant about how bad you think THG is, please post in the Off-Topic forum and include evidence to back up your claims.

You've all been warned.

Mar.

Post by Mar. » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:00 pm

I like how they rank the Thermaltake Shark the highest in workmanship, when they say themselves that it's so front-heavy that it tips over if you have it empty.

dano

Post by dano » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:33 pm

that sharkoon case looks interesting, fairly open front, duct lian li style thing on the bottom. i think steel with an aluminum bezel, best of both worlds.

Edit: has the exact same interior as the silverstone TJ06, so whether that is good or bad its probably a lower priced alternitive.

Mar.

Post by Mar. » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:04 pm

Oh no! razor-sharp edges!!!!

That's it, I'm sharpening the edges in my case.... I'm tired of reviewers whining about sharp metal in cases. I want to be able to take my drive cage out and cut a penny in half with it, then use it for shaving... Ginsu has nothing on my case design.

It would also punish thieves. But not deter them; they would steal the case and then have their flesh cut to ribbons by it. I'd be out a computer, yea, but I would have the more valuable knowledge that somewhere out there, someone got their just deserts for stealing.

slipknottin

Post by slipknottin » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:15 pm

Mar. wrote:I like how they rank the Thermaltake Shark the highest in workmanship, when they say themselves that it's so front-heavy that it tips over if you have it empty.
I didnt know worksmanship meant something couldnt be front heavy?

The case doesnt tip over when its empty. When you pick it up most of the weight is in the front.