How do I remove the front case fan from this case?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

BinaryTB

How do I remove the front case fan from this case?

Post by BinaryTB » Wed May 04, 2005 6:49 am

Hi,

I recently bought a SilverStone TJ04 (http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj04.htm) and a couple Enermax case fans. I installed 1 case fan in the rear of the case perfectly fine but I can't for the life of me find out how to remove the front case SilverStone preinstalled case fan.

I can't see any screws and the thing won't budge in any direction. It seems that the fan is fitted into the case using non-removable screws. Any ideas?

Thanks.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed May 04, 2005 9:03 am

Hello & welcome to SPCR!

You have the front bezel off of the case? Are they rivets? If so, then you will have to drill them out: use a drill bit that is just bigger than the shaft of the rivet, and drill unit the flange falls off...

Have you tried the stock fan? The Silverstone fans (if they are the ones with 9 blades) are supposed to be pretty decent.

It does definitely look like those air grills need to snipped out right away! :twisted:

skj
Patron of SPCR

Post by skj » Wed May 04, 2005 3:21 pm

If memory serves, the screws holding down the front fan on my own TJ04 were accessible once I took off the front bezel. To get to the screws for the bezel, you need to first take off the left panel, then the top/right panel. It's not exactly user-friendly, but you can get at the fan without drilling.

Now if you feel like making some holes, I'd second Neil's suggestion. The grills on that case are restrictive.

BenW

Post by BenW » Thu May 12, 2005 9:49 am

I have the TJ-04 and its a bit aquward to get to that fan!

What you have to do is take the side panel on the left off and look at the top of the pc case. You see 2 small screws, undo them and then take the ones at the back of the case off holding the black bit to the chassis. Slide the top/right side section back and lift off

Now you need to remove the screws down the sides of the front bezel and possibly the ones at the top but not sure as they hold a different bit of metal on.

Now you can unscrew the fan and replace it :D