My Sonata II Review

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

gintasr

My Sonata II Review

Post by gintasr » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:34 am

Ive done some massive website reconstruction this weekend. The review of the Sonata II is under the "Reviews" section in the Navigation Column.

I have updated the text but there are no pictures yet. I will post new pictures on my next day off or when I have some more free time.

The link again is: http://gintas.net

perplex

Post by perplex » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:53 am

Needs photos? :P

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:59 am

I crossed Antec off my list of "Things I would Buy" a long time ago. This "new" Sonata is more of the same. A non-removable right panel, drive rails with large openings to let in dust, an air duct that blocks airflow(?), a hard-to-remove air filter that probably will be left in place till it clogs, etc.

Just who do they employ to design these things. :P

Gerbil

Post by Gerbil » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:29 pm

Bluefront wrote:I crossed Antec off my list of "Things I would Buy" a long time ago. This "new" Sonata is more of the same. A non-removable right panel, drive rails with large openings to let in dust, an air duct that blocks airflow(?), a hard-to-remove air filter that probably will be left in place till it clogs, etc.

And what do you suggest instead?

Freelancer77

Post by Freelancer77 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:14 am

Bluefront wrote:I crossed Antec off my list of "Things I would Buy" a long time ago. This "new" Sonata is more of the same. A non-removable right panel, drive rails with large openings to let in dust, an air duct that blocks airflow(?), a hard-to-remove air filter that probably will be left in place till it clogs, etc.

I've often cringed or laughed at Antec designs myself, but making an absolute decision regarding a fluid market isn't necessarily wise. The P180 isn't perfect by any means (watch the first impressions thread for a small pre-build touch-up log), but it's as carefully thought out and designed as any case I've come across, certainly at the price.

Just because Antec has built products in the past that weren't attractive doesn't prove that their next case couldn't possibly be the one you'll be blown away by. How many folks 7 years ago wouldn't touch an AMD processor with a ten foot pole? Or an nVidia graphics card?

You can't judge tomorrow by yesterday. End rant.

Bluefront
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Bluefront » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:24 am

To a certain degree that is true.....But past performance often can be used to predict future endeavors. TT for instance. :lol:

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:11 am

broken link?

winguy

Post by winguy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:22 am

Apparently the review link has been brought down.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:08 am

the sonata is a case that is meant for people who never considered that spending 50-60 dollars for an SLK 3xxx BQE type Antec case would be better in the long run.

sonata is like old hat. it could have been better. kinda bummed about its slightly mediocre improvements.

only thing freaky about my slk 3700 BQE is that the front filter is bypassed by the under intake, which actually is why the case works so well, a bit of a paradox in a way.......

DryFire

Post by DryFire » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:02 am

~El~Jefe~ wrote:only thing freaky about my slk 3700 BQE is that the front filter is bypassed by the under intake, which actually is why the case works so well, a bit of a paradox in a way.......
Noticed that on my 3000-B aswell.