Antec 430W True Pwr Fans Question For P180

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

suchageek
Friend of SPCR

Antec 430W True Pwr Fans Question For P180

Post by suchageek » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:50 pm

Edit: Nevermind, I read that it sucks the air out and then through the back fan, so I think I'm ok.

I got the Antec PS included in my 1080 Antec. I like that it's sleeved. What I am not so sure about is the second fan on it. Since I will be installing it upside in the P180 (delivery on Monday) I'm wondering if the second PSU fan is going to be a problem in terms of heat. Here's a link:
http://heh.pl/&C5

I hope it reaches too!

Thanks in advance!

Freelancer77

Re: Antec 430W True Pwr Fans Question For P180

Post by Freelancer77 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:34 pm

suchageek wrote:Edit: Nevermind, I read that it sucks the air out and then through the back fan, so I think I'm ok.

I got the Antec PS included in my 1080 Antec. I like that it's sleeved. What I am not so sure about is the second fan on it. Since I will be installing it upside in the P180 (delivery on Monday) I'm wondering if the second PSU fan is going to be a problem in terms of heat. Here's a link:
http://heh.pl/&C5

I hope it reaches too!

Thanks in advance!
Just guessing about what you edited out, but yes, the "bottom" fan on a PSU draws air from inside the case, routes it through the PSU innards and out via the "back" fan. In a P180 case there is room both above and below the PSU mount just to accomodate your needs.

And the back of the case is cut to allow mounting the PSU rightside up or upside down. In other words, you're free to use that PSU, your only worry will be the cable length to your MOBO power connectors.

suchageek
Friend of SPCR

I"m Crossing My Fingers

Post by suchageek » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I hope it works out as I like this PSU a lot. It has the fan only connectors, two SATA which is just enough for my Raided 74 Raptors, nice nylon sleeve for the ATX and it's pretty quiet. The position on the mobo is in a good spot. If it does not reach I'll dash out to Fry's for another one. I'm not pushing the limit on the 430W but I'm getting close. I want one that has that sleeve regardless as it's very flexible and easy to route. I'm using the 1080 Performance Plus right now and it's pretty tall too at 20.6"

My sytem specs are here: http://heh.pl/&Cn

Wex

Post by Wex » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:53 pm

I have an Antec 430w Truepower too. My problem is I dont think it'll reach...I'm pretty sure the ATX main is 16 inches. But if it does reach, then great! Post a pic for us? I dont have my P180 yet...

suchageek
Friend of SPCR

Post by suchageek » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:55 am

Wex wrote:I have an Antec 430w Truepower too. My problem is I dont think it'll reach...I'm pretty sure the ATX main is 16 inches. But if it does reach, then great! Post a pic for us? I dont have my P180 yet...
I am going to get a new PS today. I'm seriously considering the
Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W Power Supply. I don't need 500 watts, but because I neglected to research a quieter PS while researching the case I am going to have to go buy one at Fry's or Best Buy. Fry's has the 500.

Wex

Post by Wex » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:10 pm

Damn, then I guess I have to go out and buy me a Cooler Master 450w...

suchageek
Friend of SPCR

Post by suchageek » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:06 pm

Wex wrote:Damn, then I guess I have to go out and buy me a Cooler Master 450w...
I posted in another thread that according to the Antec customer service person I spoke to, all Antec PS should reach. I find that doubtful. I picked up the 500 Watt even though it's more than I need at Fry's during my lunch break as I decided to go with the push/pull fans as suggested here. I just hope it's fairly quiet. The Antec cables tend to be pretty long so you could buy another one just in case and try your TP.

Wex

Post by Wex » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:39 pm

Yes, I plan to see if the TP reaches first when the case arrives, if not i'll go out and buy either another PS, an extension, or try in as many ways possible to make the main ATX cable reach. :|