Antec P160 exhaust fan rubber screws - where can I get more?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Thasp

Antec P160 exhaust fan rubber screws - where can I get more?

Post by Thasp » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:19 pm

Upon changing case fans, three of them broke. They took away all of the noise that I had from using conventional screws, but they're not very durable, being rubber.

I tried cutting holes in small strips of rubber bands, and used three thick layers, but it doesn't work the same. It takes away half of the noise, but not all of it.

Where can I get these from? I've asked antec if they can be replaced under warranty, but I'd like to see where else they're available from also.

Even with rubber bands, the noise is driving me nuts when I try to go to sleep. All of my fans are relatively quiet. I'd like to be able to get rid of the exhaust fan entirely, but being overclocked by 700 MHz, and OCing high voltage winbond utt CH5 RAM requires at the very least, a low speed exhaust fan.

deano

Post by deano » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:35 am

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=30030 I believe is what you're looking for. They are decent price but you get gouged on shipping.

Thasp

Post by Thasp » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:23 pm

I am trying cardboard squares with holes in them instead of rubber bands now. One worked awesome, I am going to try two on each screw now. :D

mg1394

Post by mg1394 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:18 pm

Similar (and some better) products from lots of places, e.g. SPCR sponsor www.endpcnoise.com , and industrial supply houses like McMaster-Carr.

Thasp

Post by Thasp » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:36 pm

Antec never got back to me on the warranty thing. I'm not surprised - so far, I've _never_ got a response from the contact me form on a site before.

I tried putting a square of cardboard, than a rubber band, then another square of cardboard onto the screw(put a hole in the rubber band and the cardboard in the middle, then put it onto the screw, then put the fan on). I did this for each screw, and it's still whirring, yet if I detach it from the case, there is no whirring. This is insane, what do these stupid rubber screws do that rubber bands, cardboard, and rubber bands and cardboard combined can't do? :(

I just ordered those as, with shipping, they were $2 cheaper than from Antec.