REAL Antec P180 Door Fix

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Shadowknight

Post by Shadowknight » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:19 pm

Fax them a receipt/invoice for the case you paid for.

psiu

Post by psiu » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:10 pm

Steve_Y wrote:I decided to try to get one of the replacement doors, but Antec have requested I send them proof of purchase before they can deal with the request.

Does anyone know what they would accept? If they're referring a document that's included with the case then I can't find it. Do you think a copy of the order documentation from the online store who supplied it satisfy them?
That's exactly what I sent them.

JazzJackRabbit

Post by JazzJackRabbit » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:09 pm

Odd... The door on my first P180 just went flat. And I mean absolutely flat, not even the slightest hint of bulge. It was bulging by about 8mm and it went flat in just 24-36 hours. Weird. I guess I could attribute to slightly higher temps than usual, since the spring is coming. However, one, the actual difference in the room temperature is only a couple of degrees and two, it's been warm here for the last 3-4 days, so why didn't it go flat during the first day or two?

nivek7

Post by nivek7 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:35 pm

How long did it take you guys from the time they said they "sent" it, to the time you received it? It has been a month since they said they mailed it out and I haven't received the parts yet.

Thanks

fyak1

Post by fyak1 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:10 am

This may be irrelevant to most of you as i'm in London but I can't fault Antec Europe for their after sales service.

Emailed them on the 5th March about my crappy case door, received an apologetic response on the 6th asking for my postal address (no mention of providing proof of purchase), recieved another apologetic email on the 7th saying it would be posted that day, recieved the door today... Wow!

Have to say i'm hugely impressed with an 8 day turnaround particularly as the door was posted from Rotterdam in the Netherlands.

For your information I already had the new front panel so I was sent just the door. The new door has the extra aluminium sheet on the inside. So far so good and a pleasing solid feel compared to the original.

metalmorphasis

Antec P180 Panels Buldging

Post by metalmorphasis » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:36 pm

Well, I guess its time for me too to call Antec for a replacement door and side panels.
Gee, this sure does feel like "De-ja-vu!"
Now where did I do something like this before?..
Oh yeah, Just a couple months ago with my Logitech 2200's speaker crackle!
Now ain't that special!
And let me guess, I'm the last one to claim on this message board too?

metalmorphasis

Post by metalmorphasis » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:54 pm

Just got my new front door (w/bezel) & side panels, and just discovered how beautiful black can be!
Its a nice transition from the old silver panels wit da warp!
I strongly advise everyone who has warped panels to request a new set, and try black for a nice change. And they also fit nice and tight!
Many Thanks Antec!

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:14 pm

My case must be very very odd.

It has the "original problem" of the fixed unmovable ATX mounting points (mATX is NOT possible).

Yet it has the triple layered door, aluminium on the inside, AND the middle magnet, but the power button is plastic.!!!

I just double checked the power button (its very sensitive, I just shut my machine down by accident), it might have a bit of steel inside the power button, but its silver coloured moulded plastic on the outside, with the generic power logo. WTF.!!!

Andy

jodale

Post by jodale » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:10 am

I bought my P-180 SPCR Edition case back in February 2006. When it arrived, the door was warped and the side panels were a little warped as well. I took pictures of both and sent them to Antec. They offered to replace everything but the side panels fixed themselves once they adjusted to room temperature so all I got was a door.

Everything has been hunky dory up until last night. I shut down my computer to replace some case fans and now my computer will not power on. After an hour or two of troubleshooting, I have determined that the power button (plastic model with power symbol) has failed so that explains the new metal button they are using now. I am still waiting to hear back from Antec in regards to this current issue. It's been 3 hours and counting.

laserred

Post by laserred » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:09 pm

I have a new-style P180 (no VGA duct, triple layer door) but 100% certain my power button is plastic too. The magnet does stick right over where the power button is, but I can't tell if it's the post magnet or the power button magnet that starts to suck the door in when in close proximity. No warping or any panels for me, though.

blunden

Post by blunden » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:31 am

How long warrenty does Antec have on their cases? I bought mine in august 2005. They sent me a replacement for the warped door it had but I just noticed that this door just started doing the same thing. This is the version without magnet and no metal on the inside. Other than that the case works nice.

blunden

Post by blunden » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:01 am

I just recieved my new door and it's the one with aluminium inside. It's very sturdy but since I have the first revision of the front I only have one magnet. For some reason they sent me only the door, even though I said I had the first revision of the case. Last time they sent me a new front one of the fan doors were broken and I ended up only using the door anyway. I'm now thinking of glueing a small magnet to fit the lower door magnet myself. How much room is it in there?