My Acousti Pack Delux v2 arrived

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

reyn116

My Acousti Pack Delux v2 arrived

Post by reyn116 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:47 pm

and they stink, lol, just letting you all know.

reyn116

Post by reyn116 » Tue May 09, 2006 7:44 am

sorry guys, i posted this in the wrong section.

can moderator plz move this thread to case/damp

krille

Post by krille » Tue May 09, 2006 10:00 am

Errm... ok?
Question: I've heard the AcoustiPackâ„¢ soundproofing materials smell - is this true?

Answer: Although we do our utmost to dispel odours during the manufacturing process, the materials may smell when they are first opened, particularly those packaged in plastic. The 'new car' smell usually goes away fairly quickly, and once installed (having had some contact with the air), the materials will no longer smell. We are currently making improvements to our packaging to help combat this minor issue.
http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/faqs.asp#FAQProdAPS3

---

Now what's really interesting is - how does it perform?

~ Kris

Steve_Y

Post by Steve_Y » Thu May 11, 2006 3:23 am

To be honest I didn't really notice the smell when I applied Acoustipack, there was certainly an odour, but it wasn't really unpleasant and I wouldn't say that they stink.

I think the AcoustiPack FAQ is quite accurate. There's no smell from my AcoustiPack lined PC, and I couldn't smell much when I gave a left over sheet a sniff. Unless you're as sensitive to smell as the most extreme PC silencers are sensitive to noise, then I don't think there's anything to worry about.

epiphane

Post by epiphane » Fri May 12, 2006 5:37 pm

Steve_Y wrote:To be honest I didn't really notice the smell >>SNIP<<.
Same here...maybe it has something to do with how long the package has been laying around...I sure don't smell anything at all after it made it's way into the case.

Cheers

hapveg

Post by hapveg » Sat May 13, 2006 11:15 am

I got some a year or two ago, the smell was pretty bad (like a fish stall?), but it stopped smelling after a few days.

Last week I ordered a second pack, I haven't applied it yet, but I smelt the box, the manufacturing process hasn't changed, the stuff smells.