Remove Stealth Doors on P150?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Cecil

Post by Cecil » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:25 pm

Hello.

I am interested in the (white) P150. However, I am debating merits of having the stealth doors for the optical drives. I use CDs for backup everyday, and sometimes more frequently than that. Flipping those doors back and forth is not something I am looking forward to.

Could someone tell me whether they can simply be removed, like the space holders of other cases?

I know that the new black version, Solo, does not have stealth doors. But I like the included power supply of the P150.

Thanks in advance for your help.

nici

Post by nici » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:35 pm

You don´t need to flip them manually :wink: Push the button and the the drive will push it open, push the button again and the door will close after the drive is closed. But yes they can also be removed if you prefer that.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Re: Remove Stealth Doors on P150?

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:29 am

Cecil wrote:
Could someone tell me whether they can simply be removed, like the space holders of other cases?
Yes, you can remove them and mount your optical drives flush with the bezel, just like on regular cases.

Here's a pic of my P150 with Plextor DVDr:

Cecil

Post by Cecil » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Nici, Ralf:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Apart from an optical drive, would an internal DAT tape drive be able to trigger the stealth door to open?

My objective is this: no stealth door for DVD/CD burner; stealth door for tape drive.

I guess my problem is that, without a real display model to touch and feel I cannot get a sense of the physical logistics. For example, does pushing the protrusion on the stealth door require an internal drive which has its own open/close button lined up exactly behind that protrusion?

JVM
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by JVM » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:50 pm

"For example, does pushing the protrusion on the stealth door require an internal drive which has its own open/close button lined up exactly behind that protrusion?"

Yes.

Cecil

Post by Cecil » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:51 am

JVM.

Gracias.

hravn

Post by hravn » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Now I can't really remember from my own P150 build, but on my P160 (which also had stealth drive bay covers) you could move the thing on the inside of the cover that the external button triggered, so that it would work with different CDs/DVDs. If anyone can be bothered to look... (I'm at work myself).