Nexus Damptek Blocks

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

vitaminc

Nexus Damptek Blocks

Post by vitaminc » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:18 am

F*CKING SUCKS. DO NOT BUY.

The blocks are extremely rigit so you could imagine how much actual surface area it has.

EDIT: definitely feel cheap compare to AcousticPac's blocks. I guess you get what you paid for.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:06 pm

http://www.nexustek.nl/damptekblocks.htm

Well, firm stuff CAN absorb noise very well. Perhaps after being exposed to pc heat, it softens up a bit? I don't know, but i don't think it's a terrible product.

nici

Post by nici » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:00 am

They are hard and they crumble if you touch them. Didn't notice any reduction in noise with them either, acoustipack blocks are way better. You can tie a knot with them and they won't break. Very useful blocks, they be :wink:

The only thing good with these blocks is the box they are shipped in, it's a very solid cardboard box. :lol:

vitaminc

Post by vitaminc » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:10 am

nici wrote:They are hard and they crumble if you touch them. Didn't notice any reduction in noise with them either, acoustipack blocks are way better. You can tie a knot with them and they won't break. Very useful blocks, they be :wink:

The only thing good with these blocks is the box they are shipped in, it's a very solid cardboard box. :lol:
That's my experience w/ them too. They are more like potato chips than typical sound absorbing materials.

hobart

Post by hobart » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:13 am

Is it possible to buy the acoustipack blocks separately and if not does mcmaster sell something similar for 3.5" and 5.25" drive bays?