Chieftec DX-01B-D-U

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

noisekiller

Chieftec DX-01B-D-U

Post by noisekiller » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:56 pm

Hello.

My eyes are stuck on these case...because i cann make this from him (shiny like Aluminus Ultra but whitout that side panel) :

http://www.pro-clockers.com/FCKeditor/u ... 4_LR_1.jpg

What do you think...how would it be for a silent PC?

tempeteduson

Post by tempeteduson » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:31 pm

My only question is: Why are you so interested in this case now? It's based on one of the most widely rebranded cases in PC case history, and it's been around for a while.

I think others can tell you that while the chassis is well-built and sturdy with good airflow, too much noise escapes from the directly vented front bezel. There are better options for silent computing now, IMO.

noisekiller

Post by noisekiller » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:39 pm

tempeteduson wrote:My only question is: Why are you so interested in this case now? It's based on one of the most widely rebranded cases in PC case history, and it's been around for a while.

I think others can tell you that while the chassis is well-built and sturdy with good airflow, too much noise escapes from the directly vented front bezel. There are better options for silent computing now, IMO.
It's because of the final look i would make from him and i cann have him for a very low price.Is the front bezel the only problem?

tempeteduson

Post by tempeteduson » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:42 pm

Well, that's all I can think of. :)