Help wiring front audio on Antec Solo please

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

keiron

Help wiring front audio on Antec Solo please

Post by keiron » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:11 pm

I've got an Antec Solo case and ASRock motherboard, but can't figure out which wire from the case's front panel audio connectors go where. There's just a headphone output and mic in.

The case wires are labelled:
GND
RET R
RET L
FP OUT R
FP OUT L
MIC BIAS
MIC

And the mobo pins are labelled:
GND
PRESENCE
MIC RET
OUT RET
MIC 2 R
MIC 2 L
OUT 2 R
OUT 2 L
J SENSE

Can someone please tell me which wires go where? It'll please the missus no end when I can finally get the case put back together for good!

aidanjm2004

Post by aidanjm2004 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:37 pm

I was also wondering about the solo audio wiring, why are there so many inputs when there is only a headphone socket plus a microphone socket on the front?

keiron

Post by keiron » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:12 am

I've tried pretty much every combination going, and can't get it to work. I also have to say I'm disappointed in Antect. This instruction manual with the case is very poor. Apparently, through research, I've established the case uses the old AC 97 wiring standard, but my board is up to date HD Audio.

I used the Antec support - which doesn't even have the Solo listed as a product! - and was very disappointed by the brush off they gave me. They pointed me to a totally inappropriate website, then when I responded saying that was incorrect said they were unable to help further. Very poor.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:55 am

The manual for the Solo has details of the audio wiring on page 4. It is downloadable in one of several languages in the links under manual on this page.

Connecting the Audio Ports

There is an Intel standard 10-pin connector (with 7 individual wires with connectors) coming out from the front panel speaker and microphone connection. If the motherboard supports Intel’s standard onboard audio connector, you can plug in the 10-pin connector directly onto the board. For non-Intel standard audio connection, you need to plug the 7 individual connectors to the motherboard. Please see the instruction:

Locate the internal audio connectors from the motherboard or sound card. Consult the motherboard or sound card manual for the pin-out positions.
1. Microphone Signal Pin: Connect the MIC connector to this pin.
2. Microphone Power: Connect the MIC-BIAS connector to this pin.
3. Ground Pin: Connect the AUD GND connector to this pin.
4. Front Right Speaker Out Pin: Connect the FPOUT-R connector to this pin.
5. Front Left Speaker Out Pin: Connect the FPOUT-L connector to this pin.
6. Rear Right Speaker Out Pin: Connect the RET-R connector to this pin.
7. Rear Left Speaker Out Pin: Connect RET-L connector to this pin.

keiron

Post by keiron » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:26 am

Thanks, I'm aware of the instructions in the manual. But my ASRock motherboard has completely different names for the pins, as detailed in my first post.

Saribro

Post by Saribro » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:13 pm

My ASUS motherboard manual shows the pin-definitions in both HDA and AC'97 modes. If your motherboard manual has the same, it should be easy to match.

[EDIT]
Like so, hope it helps:

aidanjm2004

Post by aidanjm2004 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:00 am

Saribro wrote:My ASUS motherboard manual shows the pin-definitions in both HDA and AC'97 modes. If your motherboard manual has the same, it should be easy to match.
thankyou, Saribro.