P180/182 HDD Grommets in CM Cosmos

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

silence

P180/182 HDD Grommets in CM Cosmos

Post by silence » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:37 pm

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I picked up a Cooler Master Cosmos case this week while it was on sale at Newegg, and while I was transferring everything over from my P180 I found that the silicone HDD grommets from the P180's drive sleds fit perfectly in the Cosmos drive sleds. In addition to merely fitting, they are also of significantly better quality than what is provided by CM with this case. I checked on Antec's website to see if the grommets are available for purchase in the "Spare Parts" section of their online store, but could not find an individual entry for them. If anybody has a lead for these elsewhere, I'm sure others who are not swapping from a P180 would appreciate the information.

Regards,

-Domenic

Felger Carbon

Re: P180/182 HDD Grommets in CM Cosmos

Post by Felger Carbon » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:11 pm

silence wrote:If anybody has a lead for these elsewhere, I'm sure others who are not swapping from a P180 would appreciate the information.
Go here, and search "page 1309". A goodly number of vibration control grommets are on that page. You can see if the Antec grommets are among those listed. If so, you can then provide the link to McMasters and the part number (and price?). [I've never seen an Antec case or its grommets.]

seraphyn

Post by seraphyn » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:22 am

If above fails, mail Antec about needing spare parts on your p180 and ask if they have something that can work out for you.

ghettojiggalo

Post by ghettojiggalo » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:02 pm

warning about the cheapo cosmos grommets...they've been known to melt because 10k raptors produce that much heat.