LIAN-LI PC-V350A

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Soup Nazi

LIAN-LI PC-V350A

Post by Soup Nazi » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Hi Guys

I'm trying to choose a case for my HTPC. I was going to get an Antec NSK2400, but I'm limited for space and it's a little too big.

I have found a much smaller case - LIAN-LI PC-V350A, which seems to have all the ingredients I need:

- 120mm fans (so it will fit my nexus fans)
- accepts full size power supply (so that I can choose a quiet one)
- Small case

but I haven't been able to find any good reviews about it. Has anyone had experience with this case?
Does anyone know if it will fit a Ninja Mini?

Moogles

Post by Moogles » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:34 pm

Soup Nazi

Post by Soup Nazi » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:09 pm

Moogles wrote:Maybe this is of help? http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1256461
Big help.. that's just what I wanted to see, thanks Moogles :D

Soup Nazi

Post by Soup Nazi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:59 pm

Hey guys

Thought you might like to know, I did end up getting this case. It doesn't compare to my p180 in quality, but overall it's fairly good. Just a couple of quirks and issues:

1) While the case does fit the ninja mini with no problems, you have to install it with the motherboard tray already inside, because there's not enough clearance to slide it in with the heatsink already installed (found this out the hard way :( )

3) The case comes with an anti-vibration hard drive mounting system, which inicludes rubber grommets that slide into grooves in the case. The problem is that they're not very soft, and don't seem to work - I have a WD Green Power, and the vibration noise is quite significant. Lifting the case off the table stops the noise.

There's not much space in the HD chamber to suspend my drive, and I don't really want to put it in one of the 5.25" bays because the cooling in that chamber is not as good.. so I'm not really sure what I'm going to do (any ideas will be greatly appreciated)

Overall it's still a vefy quiet system, if all else fails I could try getting some soft rubber feet for the case