Case Build: Where to get 9-pin Intel Board POWER/RESET/LED

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

cparker5

Case Build: Where to get 9-pin Intel Board POWER/RESET/LED

Post by cparker5 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:07 pm

I am building my own case for my DG45FC and I can not seem to find where to buy a Case 9-pin POWER/RESET/LED control. I might be searching using the wrong terminology but I am at a loss.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

bonestonne

Post by bonestonne » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:43 pm

you might not be able to find them easily, but basically what you're looking for are these:

i have a few similar things lying around, mainly spare buttons and such, from going to the local dump and pulling them out of old computers.

i've never seen them for sale in a computer store, so i have no idea where you'd look to buy them. i'll go take a look at what i have, check your PMs for a picture, i might be able to hook you up.
Last edited by bonestonne on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mentawl

Post by mentawl » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:26 pm

eBay is gonna be your best bet. Something like

http://cgi.ebay.com/Computer-case-Leds- ... .m20.l1116

?

Not especially recommending that one or not, just saying they're out there :).

cparker5

Post by cparker5 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:47 pm

I got a PM from a member who has some lying around which will help alot!

But for people who happen to see this post in the future I found a site that has stuff liket his...

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g4/c153 ... =price_asc

__Miguel_

Post by __Miguel_ » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:31 am

I have been trying to get stuff like that in Portugal for years now. No dice, though :(

For those of you who are not really into dump-diving and such, you can always shrink-wrap one end of a wire to the appropriate pin, and solder the other end to the appropriate switch/LED terminal. No permanent disfiguration on the motherboard (unless you go wild with the heat gun/blow dryer/lighter, that is), easy fix, and you can choose just the cable lenght and LED/switch you want.

Probably best to do it on the reverse order (motherboard end last), though, so you don't end up melting the motherboard from overheating from the solder gun... hehehe

Cheers.

Miguel