Nexus Voltinia

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Hezu

Nexus Voltinia

Post by Hezu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:14 am

I decided to save few clicks and use search to find price for Nexus Value 430 PSU on a webshop and surprisingly the result was two items and not just one. The other entry was Nexus Voltenia case, which has that afore-mentioned PSU. After looking at the specs, I started to think that case might be pretty nice choice for my next build: quiet Nexus PSU and fans as standard, noise absorbing foam on side panels, space for upto 7 3,5" HDDs. That last part also worries me a bit on this case as the drive bays are not removable and the space might be rather tight if you have all the bays filled, full ATX motherboard and maybe even few PCI cards on the slots, which are generally positioned on the bottom of the motherboard.
So, has anyone yet actually tested this case in action and provide any comments especially on the HDD bays?

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:26 am

Hello,

Meh -- it looks like the same basic chassis that is used in a bazillion other cases. The metal is (probably) not all that thick, and the hard drive frame looks mundane, too. The fan grills are very mixed -- fair to middlin', and the front bezel intake is pretty restrictive. There are intakes all over the front, bottom, back and top -- the top seems like it would be better to be solid.

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:46 am

how is the sound blocking material going to help if the whole rest of the case is basically holes? looks impossible to control airflow/dust.