Antec Fusion Remote - LCD backlight problem

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

wfitchner

Antec Fusion Remote - LCD backlight problem

Post by wfitchner » Fri May 22, 2009 3:54 am

Long time reader, first time poster here.

Based on this website, i bought a Fusion Remote. I've been researching a problem i've been having with the LCD, and it seems that lots of people are having this problem, yet i see no mention of it on silentpcreview.

The problem is that the backlight of the LCD stays on even when the pc is powered down. Soundgraph (the Imon software maker) gives two solutions for this. Either check the rather obvious option in Imon called "LCD backlight when Imon closed" or to leave the standby message blank. Neither of these options work.

There are only two ways to get the backlight off. Either close Imon manually before shutting windows down, or take power off the PSU entirely. The problem is made worse because it's a rather ugly and bright display. The LCD looks nothing like the product pictures that are floating around the web. I've seen the VFD version which looks much nicer imho.

What's really annoying is that both Antec and Soundgraph seem to be stonewalling reports on this issue. There's an active topic on the problem on Soundgraph's forum (which sadly i can't embed since the forum tells me i need three posts first).

Magilla

Re: Antec Fusion Remote - LCD backlight problem

Post by Magilla » Mon May 25, 2009 3:01 am

wfitchner wrote:Long time reader, first time poster here.

Based on this website, i bought a Fusion Remote. I've been researching a problem i've been having with the LCD, and it seems that lots of people are having this problem, yet i see no mention of it on silentpcreview.

The problem is that the backlight of the LCD stays on even when the pc is powered down. Soundgraph (the Imon software maker) gives two solutions for this. Either check the rather obvious option in Imon called "LCD backlight when Imon closed" or to leave the standby message blank. Neither of these options work.

There are only two ways to get the backlight off. Either close Imon manually before shutting windows down, or take power off the PSU entirely. The problem is made worse because it's a rather ugly and bright display. The LCD looks nothing like the product pictures that are floating around the web. I've seen the VFD version which looks much nicer imho.

What's really annoying is that both Antec and Soundgraph seem to be stonewalling reports on this issue. There's an active topic on the problem on Soundgraph's forum (which sadly i can't embed since the forum tells me i need three posts first).
Same here, I've returned my Fusion Remote MAX case 4 times now because of these same LCD issues. The LCD as massively overbright and it doesn't turn off when the PC does :(

I also have an older Fusion (mATX) case, before they stopped including the PSU, that has an LCD that is the correct "blue on black" and DOES turn off when the PC is turned off.

So it looks like the newer LCD's in Fusion cases are faulty.

Soundgraph have refused to respond to any emails.

So far no response from Antec either.

Been buying Antec for many many years and never had a problem, but the issues with this case and the lack of support from Antec have really been an eye opener.

My retailer has now stopped the sale of the Fusion Max case, so when this one goes back I guess it'll be a refund rather than a replacement.
Shame really, if the LCD's weren't faulty it would fit my needs perfectly.