best fan mounts for hard-to-reach fan points?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

RaptorZX3

best fan mounts for hard-to-reach fan points?

Post by RaptorZX3 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:00 pm

ok in my Sonata 2, and with the cooling in have in my computer, it's really hard to install those Noctua anti-vibration fan mounts since they seem to be hard to install and tend to break.

I didn't had to do that before since i had 4 x Antec-brand fan mounts included with my case, which had to be installed FIRST on the fan and THEN passing thru the case holes, and soft and very easy to install without any hassle. But now these seem to be discontinued or very hard to find.

What i want to know, is there any good fan mounts where i can FIRST install one part on the fan, and then pulling the other part thru the case holes?

don't forget i'm from Quebec (Canada), and some US stores doesn't send here, or they do send to Canada but they have very high shipping fees.

Note: EndPCNoise.com would charge me 14$US for the Nexus Anti-Vibration Mounting Kit priced at 14.95$US (way too expensive for shipping!)

amjedm

Post by amjedm » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:17 pm

How about some Blu Tack/UHU White Tack and cable ties? The tack will dampen vibrations and then feed the cable tie through and seal with another one?

RaptorZX3

Post by RaptorZX3 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:11 pm

i can still spend money on anti-vibration fan mounts...

i think this type would be good:
http://www.acousticpc.com/images/a_acou ... lg_pic.jpg