microATX case with cable routing?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

sunefred

microATX case with cable routing?

Post by sunefred » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:49 pm

This still bothers me... that no company has picked up the ball and created a really good microATX case for the silent crowd. They've had 4 months since my lastpost! :roll:

I believe this is a real problem, especially now that motherboard makers start to create really luxurious uATX boards like the Asus GENE. Where is the uATX version of the Corsair Obsidian 800D? I think that a lot of theese uATX boards end up in normal ATX cases, and thats probably where my Gigabyte UD2-M will go too.

Anyway, I have lightened my requirements from my last post. Now I am simply looking for a microATX case with cable routing behind motherboard tray. The only one that I have found so far is the Antec P180 mini.

neumein

Post by neumein » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:52 am

Having owned a P180 mini, I can safely say that I was glad to be rid of it. It was great build quality and all, good airflow (that top 200mm fan is delicious), pretty quiet in stock trim, and roomy compared to most M-atx cases, but the the thing is just too damn BIG! One of my main reasons for going M-atx was go have a somewhat smaller machine, but the P180 mini negated that. Seriously, it's taller than the full-atx budget cases I use for re-furbished machines! </vent>

If I were to go for a M-atx case again, I love the look of the Silverstone TJ-08, and would whip out the dremel and cut some cable management holes myself.