may buy a Lian-Li..anyone have experience w/ PC-B25 series?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

motamedn

may buy a Lian-Li..anyone have experience w/ PC-B25 series?

Post by motamedn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi guys I am new to this forum. I'm thinking of putting together a new PC. So far I'm pretty settled on my components and have started purchasing them. It's not going to be the quietest PC known to man but I'm trying to marry performance, sound, and price. I was looking at cases and I was trying to find something sleek in the vein of the old Sonatas but large enough to adequately hold and cool today's VGA cards. I took a look at lian-li's website and came across the PC-B25S and I love the way it looks, its tool-less design and if the site is to believed, its pretty cool and quiet.

Thing is, it hasn't been released yet. It appears to be closely related to the PC-B25F and I was wondering if anyone had experience with it or feedback/suggestions in general. Thanks!

Mobo: ASUS P6x58D
CPU: i7 920
RAM: 6gb corsair 1600 (TR3X6G1600C9)
PSU: Corsair 750HX
VGA: Sapphire 5770 (will crossfire when prices drop further/I need more juice)
HD: Intel 160GB SATAII SSD (forgot model #..but i think it runs ~500 on amazon)
Cooling: Coolermaster 212 (i think, from memory)
..also bought some arctic silver

Jim Byram
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Jim Byram » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:18 am

I have a B25F and it's a beautifully designed case. Little effort was required to make it into a reasonably quiet case. I replaced the fans with Noctual fans and used the Noctua adapters to slow them down. I used only the front top fan slot and the rear top fan slot (and the rear fan). I closed the top front fan opening with a sheet of buna-n mounted using the fan screw holes.

I hadn't seen the B25S and look forward to getting my hands on one. I expect that it will some time before it arrives in the US and will keep watch. The B25F wasn't widely available until several months after the initial announcements by tech news sites.

motamedn

Post by motamedn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Jim Byram wrote:I expect that it will some time before it arrives in the US and will keep watch. The B25F wasn't widely available until several months after the initial announcements by tech news sites.
I hope not. Someone was mentioning that they may be dropping at the end of April. I'm gonna try to contact someone from Lian-Li to confirm. If its a few months then I will settle on the B25F and just add USB 3.0 to the rear. Still giving up a few design improvements but I've already delayed 1/2 month and I simply don't want to wait a few more months..especially since I already got some of the components waiting here already.