Drive mounting screws for D8000 / LX-6A19 / Antec SLK3700AMB

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

mfeingol
Friend of SPCR

Drive mounting screws for D8000 / LX-6A19 / Antec SLK3700AMB

Post by mfeingol » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:20 am

I recently purchased a D8000 modded case from Coolcases.com. This case has the same chassis as the Compucase LX-6A19 and the Antec Antec SLK3700AMB. I like the case, and Jim did a good job with the mods.

One feature of the case that I particularly like is the rubber mounting slots for disk drives. For this purpose, the case comes with 20 or so screws of a type I hadn't seen before: longer than a standard case screw, with a non-threaded area next to the larger-than-usual flat head.

What I was wondering was how to get more of these screws, since they seem ideal for mounting drives on other cases with McMaster rubber grommets. I also have an Evercase, and these screws seem to work pretty well there too. Does anyone know the precise name for these screws, and where I might go about acquiring more?

marc999
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by marc999 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:04 am

I don't know if you already tried this or not, but you could try contacting Jim from Coolcases. I bought a D8000 from him too and found him to be quite helpful. Anyway, if he can't himself, maybe at least he can point you in the right direction.

mfeingol
Friend of SPCR

Post by mfeingol » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:08 am

Yeah, Jim is cool.

I asked him, and his response was that he too was trying to get more of those screws, but that he didn't know the details I needed.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:02 am

They're called "shoulder bolts" and are a standard type of bolt but this size is fairly wierd. You could look at Mcmaster and see if you could match it. I think the thread is 6-32, then you'd have to measure the diameter and length of the shoulder section as well. With that info you could search for them.