Idea for next update to P18X line - red LEDs

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:39 am

ATTENTION: m0002a & danimal

Knock off the juvenile crap right now. If you want to be pissy and argue, do it in private via email, or set up a duel or something. Keep it off these boards please.

Das_Saunamies
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: Idea for next update to P18X line - red LEDs

Post by Das_Saunamies » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:44 am

At the risk of resurrecting that whole chain of preceding unpleasantness - F.lux is great! I've been using it since September now, and it's "improved my drowsiness". That's my definition and I'm sticking to it!

The thing is, F.lux really is impossible for me to notice in use, but it's a stark contrast between the day and night settings (just disable it late in the evening and you'll see). Even though the shift is not noticeable - I can't even tell in games - it has the desired effect of inducing drowsiness. I fall asleep a bit better now, and it's easier for me to tell when it's bedtime. My body just seems to be in a more natural state in the evenings, whereas previously I was teetering between collapsing and hyperactivity.

Of course the natural way of the season is for things to get darker earlier, so that may have contributed to the effect, but I have my curtains closed for most of the evening anyway (street right outside).

Thanks again for linking the thing, it's done a lot for me and I'll recommend it to people for sure.