Any such case exist?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

hlkc

Any such case exist?

Post by hlkc » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:45 pm

I need a stand up ATX case but instead of all the bluray drive opening on the the left or right, case width side, is there such ATX stand up case that have all the opening in the height of ATX MB side?

Thanks a lot!

jhhoffma

Re: Any such case exist?

Post by jhhoffma » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm not really sure what you are asking...

But if you're looking for a case that will have the DVD drive on the side, there aren't many.

There are some full tower cases (as in HUGE) that fit that mold, but they cost $500 (Lian-Li X500 comes to mind).

You don't see a lot, since they need to be much wider to accommodate the deeper DVD/BD drives, too wide to fit the standard mid-tower mold.

hlkc

Post by hlkc » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:55 pm

jhhoffma wrote:I'm not really sure what you are asking...

But if you're looking for a case that will have the DVD drive on the side, there aren't many.

There are some full tower cases (as in HUGE) that fit that mold, but they cost $500 (Lian-Li X500 comes to mind).

You don't see a lot, since they need to be much wider to accommodate the deeper DVD/BD drives, too wide to fit the standard mid-tower mold.
Yup that is what I was talking about, DVD drive and other openings on the side. Do you know other that is less expensive?

ces

Post by ces » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:26 pm

hlkc wrote:I need a stand up ATX case but instead of all the bluray drive opening on the the left or right, case width side, is there such ATX stand up case that have all the opening in the height of ATX MB side
Please restate your question using different words. Maybe more words as well. Thanks.