Raijintek Aeneas as a Silent Case?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

malloot

Raijintek Aeneas as a Silent Case?

Post by malloot » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:08 am

Im looking for a quiet mAtx case and was on the verge of buying the Air 240 but after reading the ever increasing amount of weak points in the recent article about it here I am looking for something else.

What do you guys think of the Raijintek Aeneas as an option, it can have a 230mm front fan or 4x120 for some good positive air pressure work. I am planning on buying a after market GPU cooler for my gtx 670 so will need room for that as well.
I need to house 4x 3,5 inch drives and 2x 2,5inch of which one is mechanical. These hard drives are also the reason my current itx build is no longer an option as they don't come with 6+ sata ports.

Other options i thought about were the TJ08-E but the hard drive cage seems like a mess and housing allot of drives there also seems like it should impede airflow quite a bit and that is the main reason the TJ08 is good. I looked at the drive cages for the 5,25 inch bays but that is getting abit to expensive on top of an already expensive cage and GPU cooler.

Other options? possibly smaller as that's the main dislike about the Raijintek Aeneas

cerbie

Re: Raijintek Aeneas as a Silent Case?

Post by cerbie » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:32 am

No. It's an awkward design, and should end up no better than the Corsair Air.

The Fractal Design Node are probably the best choice, with sufficiently quiet drives.