Special scenario for case.

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

laststop

Special scenario for case.

Post by laststop » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:44 pm

I really want a case with 2x 40gbps thunderbolt 3 ports, 2x usb 3.1 10Gbps type c gen 2 ports, and 1 dedicated FULL 100 watt USB 3.1 10Gbps type A gen 2 connector for USB_PD spec supercharging of tablets and phones and a fast usb 3.1 gen 2 10Gbps 2x multi card readers one multi reader for the larger cards and 1 multi reader for the smaller cards with the backend connected via 10gbps USB 3.1 gen 2. Did I mention I want this all on the front port. Does anything like that or close to like that exist? Yes I know I would need motherboard with a thunderbolt header to support the front 2 thunderbolts and intel's soon to be built in usb 3.1 + an extra controller to add the third 3.1 gen 2 with 100 watts charging and use a y splitter to connect the 2 multi card slots since they are rarely used at the same time.

I know there are external options but I want it sleekly built into my pc preferably with an analog fan control knob to precisely control the speed of all my case fans. I already have A LG WH16NS40 16x BD-R/BDXL/M-Disc reader/writer in external, as well as every version of CD and DVD you can think of in reading writing and rewriting. enclosure connected via usb 3.0 type A as 5gbps is more than enough for burner bandwidth.

I know I've been talking about buying a PC but it just seems smart to wait for Zen let that take it's course than next year when intel brings 6 core to the mainstream we can then compare price/performance of 8 core zen+ vs price performance of 6 core coffee lake. It will all depend how badly intel loses in multi thread vs how bad they win in single core with price of cpu + mobo taken into consideration. I'll just go without every gives me the most bang for my buck.

Abula

Re: Special scenario for case.

Post by Abula » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:56 pm

I dont think its wise to wait for ZEN, my guess its just going to be another hyped AMD CPU... that wont deliver. In PCs if you play the waiting game.... there is always something around the corner, i simply suggest, buy what you need, when you need it.

About the case, i dont think i ever seen a case with dual thunderbolt ports, not sure if it exists, but i think it can be done with a custom builder.

laststop

Re: Special scenario for case.

Post by laststop » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Abula wrote:I dont think its wise to wait for ZEN, my guess its just going to be another hyped AMD CPU... that wont deliver. In PCs if you play the waiting game.... there is always something around the corner, i simply suggest, buy what you need, when you need it.

About the case, i dont think i ever seen a case with dual thunderbolt ports, not sure if it exists, but i think it can be done with a custom builder.

I have a i7980x OC'd to 4.13ghz on all 6 cores. So I refuse to go to below 6 cores but i also refuse the expense of the higher end platform from intel. So have to wait for 2018 coffee lake to get 6 core intel in mainstream. Soo it will be Zen+ against coffee lake. I just would rly like a pc case with at the bare minimum the normal headphone mic input and 2 usb c 10gbps ports and 1 100 watt full power delivery usb 3.1 port. And at least 1 thunderbolt 3 connector.