PC cases with 10gbps usb type c ports 2x + 1x TB3 in front?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

laststop

PC cases with 10gbps usb type c ports 2x + 1x TB3 in front?

Post by laststop » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:14 pm

My next build requires this. Don't want to have to use 5.25" sleds. Saving the entirety of the front of the case to slowly turn 3x 140mm fans just below audible level to keep the case cool and quiet. The build will also have no 3.5" drives. Just 1x 1TB 960 pro (maybe a 2TB 960 pro depending on cost) and 1 4TB evo SSD on the back of mobo tray for mass storage. So all drive cages removed to give the 3x 140mm fans complete unobstructed airflow. And of course 1x 140mm exhaust fan in the rear. for positive pressure overall. I may add a 5th fan in the cutout right by the GPU to flood it with direct cool air if GPU temp is a problem but I doubt it will be.Rather keep the noise in if I can. I already have an internal BDR-RE/BDXL-RE/M DISC/DVDR/DVDRW/CDR/CDRW. Thats the fastest you can get 16x BDR speed in an enclosure that uses USB 3.1 gen 2 type C 10gbps. So I need nothing on the front blocking my 3x 140mm fans so they can run extremely slow and still get the sir moving in silence. I use a nhd15 noctua cooler with the 1x 150mm fan in the middle.

My ideal situation would be a complete blackout edition define R5 but with 2x 10gbps type c USB ports and an additional 1x usb type C port that conforms to the USB_PD spec and gives 100 watt fast charge output for a total of 3 usb type c 10 gbps ports. and 1 TB3 40gbps port as well as the mic and headphone port on all the top of case built in. And instead of a rigid 3 fan selection speed I'd like a nice gliding analog knob that sensitively adjusts the speed in tiny increments to get the fastest possible speed before i can hear too much noise. Is that asking for too much? There should also be 3x usb type A 3.0 5gbps ports on the top too for plugging in less speed dependent accessories giving 6 different usb ports and 1 Thunderbolt 3 40gbps port. The third type A port would also be a power delivery port giving the max 2.0A tablet charging mode on it. With the type c 100 watt and type a 20 watt power delivery ports always working to charge even if the pc isn't booted.

I'm not in a huge rush as I wont be able to replace my gulftown PC with lower cores and i refuse to pay the intel premium on their HEDT. So it will be Zen + and 6 core coffee lake intel mainstream battling for the money but I hope someone does something by cases vy then.

CA_Steve

Re: PC cases with 10gbps usb type c ports 2x + 1x TB3 in fro

Post by CA_Steve » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:02 pm

I think you'll be waiting a while for this. We're just starting to see USB 3.0 Type C on the front of cases. Maybe late 2017 for high end cases with USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C. Maybe never for Thunderbolt on the front of a case...unless it's Thunderbolt over USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C.

More likely to see this on a NUC or other SFF pre-built PC.