GMC Neo Classic in europe

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

fokfokfok

GMC Neo Classic in europe

Post by fokfokfok » Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:28 am

Does anyone know where I can buy the Neo Classic with everything included in Europe (peferably close to Denmark)? I have tried to order one from xcase.co.uk, but they cancelled my order because I had not chosen international shipping, and I don't know how to do that, and they won't answer my emails.

efcoins
Friend of SPCR

Post by efcoins » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:21 pm

fokfokfok

Post by fokfokfok » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:09 pm

thanks but it looks like this is the striped down version without sound damping and fans? I'm not very good at german so I might be wrong though?

DImblum

Neo Classic Case for sale in the UK

Post by DImblum » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:49 am

This should be the one you are looking for. It is distributed in Europe through Jeantech as the "Timeless". They offer to sell the case with all of it's sound dampening parts as extras (4 ADDA case fans, dampening foam, etc).

http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Jeantech_Timeless.html

fokfokfok

Re: Neo Classic Case for sale in the UK

Post by fokfokfok » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:21 am

DImblum wrote:This should be the one you are looking for. It is distributed in Europe through Jeantech as the "Timeless". They offer to sell the case with all of it's sound dampening parts as extras (4 ADDA case fans, dampening foam, etc).

http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Jeantech_Timeless.html
yeah, but like I said, I cannot order that because I don't know how to select international shipping, and X-case doesn't answer emails.

DImblum

X-Case Shipping

Post by DImblum » Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:35 am

Sorry about that. I didn't notice your reference to X-Case in your original post.

They do make the shipping section confusing. It looks like they refer to a seperate Invoice location and Shipping location. "Denmark" is an option for the "Shipping Destination" field, although "United Kingdom" is the only country listed for "Invoice Location".

I think the trick is to select "None of the above" for Invoice Location, Select "Denmark" for Shipping Destination and check the box below to ship to a different address than the Invoice Location.

---

I also found this link for Sweex Europe. They appear to have the case with all of it's parts, but they do not make it evident on how to order. I am guessing that they are more responsive to an e-mail than X-Case is.

http://www.sweexeurope.com/product.asp?pid=215

fokfokfok

Re: X-Case Shipping

Post by fokfokfok » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:17 pm

DImblum wrote:Sorry about that. I didn't notice your reference to X-Case in your original post.
np :D
They do make the shipping section confusing. It looks like they refer to a seperate Invoice location and Shipping location. "Denmark" is an option for the "Shipping Destination" field, although "United Kingdom" is the only country listed for "Invoice Location".

I think the trick is to select "None of the above" for Invoice Location, Select "Denmark" for Shipping Destination and check the box below to ship to a different address than the Invoice Location.
I actually did that but the shipping costs didn't change automatically. I really think it is a bug in their ordering system. Fortunately they finally answered my emails and we sorted it out through some emails. Now I hope everything will be ok, because I'm a little worried about doing busines with someone who doesn't always answer emails.
I also found this link for Sweex Europe. They appear to have the case with all of it's parts, but they do not make it evident on how to order. I am guessing that they are more responsive to an e-mail than X-Case is.

http://www.sweexeurope.com/product.asp?pid=215
Wow how did you find that? :shock: I've have searched so much without luck.

DImblum

Where Neo Classic was

Post by DImblum » Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:26 pm

I searched for a pretty long time to locate the case before it was available in the U.S. In the end I still had to special order the silencing parts from Korea since the U.S. distributors stripped the Neo Classic here.

It was tough to get the case as it was supposed to be, but I finally got it together.

MrMajestic

Re: GMC Neo Classic in europe

Post by MrMajestic » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:21 pm

fokfokfok wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy the Neo Classic with everything included in Europe (peferably close to Denmark)? I have tried to order one from xcase.co.uk, but they cancelled my order because I had not chosen international shipping, and I don't know how to do that, and they won't answer my emails.
Here in Sweden the Neo Classic is sold under the name Sweex Whisper. European distribution by http://www.ropla.com/index.asp

Joe DeFuria

Re: Where Neo Classic was

Post by Joe DeFuria » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:37 pm

DImblum wrote:I searched for a pretty long time to locate the case before it was available in the U.S. In the end I still had to special order the silencing parts from Korea since the U.S. distributors stripped the Neo Classic here.

It was tough to get the case as it was supposed to be, but I finally got it together.
Just out of curiosity, where did you find a U.S. distributor for the GMC cases?

I'm trying to find out info on the new H60 case...

DImblum

Neo Classic in U.S.

Post by DImblum » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:55 am

I originally bought the case from www.newegg.com. They do not appear to sell GMC cases anymore.

I'm guessing they got too many complaints from everyone who bought the case only to find that all the silencing parts were missing.

I imagine there is another distributor in the U.S. for GMC cases. I will let you know if I find one.