EAR Isoloss or Isodamp materials for soundproofing case?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Ephemeral

EAR Isoloss or Isodamp materials for soundproofing case?

Post by Ephemeral » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:48 pm

Anyone try out the EAR products for dampening their case? E-A-R Damping composites & laminates

The foam in some of the sample pictures don't "look" as impressive (seem too lightweight) as what you see in materials used for soundstage/tv studio applications, but does anyone know for sure? Also, this pictures are pretty grainy, so perhaps they are more substantial than they appear...

Isoloss NV and Absorbing Foam to start off...

TIA

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:59 am

I started looking into this stuff about a year ago but I couldn't find anywhere that sold it in smaller quantities. EAR was not particularly helpful when I was trying to find dealers either. They don't seen to want to deal with the end-user at all.

Ephemeral

Post by Ephemeral » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:51 pm

Ahh, were you able to decode some of the material properties in the data sheet to figure out what would have been worth trying out first?

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:49 am

Ephemeral wrote:Ahh, were you able to decode some of the material properties in the data sheet to figure out what would have been worth trying out first?
I don't remember which exact version I was looking at but the E75BU and E199BU seems like it may have been the most interesting one. I immediately ran into a roadblock when I started asking about availability though and gave up.

dqswim

Post by dqswim » Sat May 08, 2004 6:20 am

This is one old thread, but there is a reasonable selection of this type of material ie..

ear isodamp isolosss sheets or panels and grommets, also sorbothane and microsorb at the store I listed below

I have heard good things about the store, but have not ordered anything though I am thinking about some dampening both for audio and my pc case and this is the best selection of this type of material I have found

http://www.percyaudio.com/

-dave