Artcubed times two

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

ArtCubed

Artcubed times two

Post by ArtCubed » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:41 pm

There's two of me on EOC stats:
Artcubed

ArtCubed

Stanford got it right, and there is only one of me there...
http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/use ... e=ArtCubed

What are the odds of this working itself out? It can't be too bad...considering that my stats are practically doubled 8)
But my sig image no longer works :(

dasman
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dasman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:46 pm

my sig doesn't work either -- but at least there's only one of me :wink:

Dave

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:53 pm

That's interesting. Normally the names are case sensitive, but when I search for Artcubed, it finds ArtCubed. Hmmm.

David

dasman
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dasman » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:58 pm

David,

Any idea why some people's sig's work and others don't? Mine worked a couple of days ago... :?

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:03 pm

Artcubed

ArtCubed
It may be that the database that EOC is using is case sensitive and Stanford's isn't. Some databases are case sensitive and some aren't when doing string comparisons, sortings, groupings, etc. Some can also be configured to be case sensitive/insensitive. This is just speculation on my part.

Either way, its a bummer for you.

If it is a case sensitivity issue, it should be a simple SQL change to eliminate the case sensitivity at EOC. I don't know if they take requests or suggestions since I'm still a folding newbe

I would make sure that your userid is consistent across all processes to eliminate that possibility. Look in your client.cfg file and check to see if one of your clients is using Artcubed as the userid instead of ArtCubed. I accidently had y as one of my userids but I only lost a few points.

I was wondering why some people's sigs show up correctly, while others don't since the only difference between the sigs is the userid.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:13 pm

dasman wrote:David,

Any idea why some people's sig's work and others don't? Mine worked a couple of days ago... :?
Not a clue unfortunately. Probably maybe somehow related to the stats being offline for a couple of days? Looks like quite a few people are affected.

David

ArtCubed

Post by ArtCubed » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:32 pm

NullObject wrote:
Artcubed

ArtCubed
It may be that the database that EOC is using is case sensitive and Stanford's isn't. Some databases are case sensitive and some aren't when doing string comparisons, sortings, groupings, etc. Some can also be configured to be case sensitive/insensitive. This is just speculation on my part.

Either way, its a bummer for you.

If it is a case sensitivity issue, it should be a simple SQL change to eliminate the case sensitivity at EOC. I don't know if they take requests or suggestions since I'm still a folding newbe

I would make sure that your userid is consistent across all processes to eliminate that possibility. Look in your client.cfg file and check to see if one of your clients is using Artcubed as the userid instead of ArtCubed. I accidently had y as one of my userids but I only lost a few points.

I was wondering why some people's sigs show up correctly, while others don't since the only difference between the sigs is the userid.
One of my machines was folding as ArtCubed (which I changed), but for some reason, the name split never happened before the stat server crashed...dunno. I'll just try to keep it consistent from now on.

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:49 pm

Remember that the sig images are based off a third database of stats over at LiquidNinjas.com. I haven't been over to the forums there in quite awhile, but I'd bet you folks (and the SPCR team) are not alone in having the sig images screwed up.

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:23 pm

Remember that the sig images are based off a third database of stats over at LiquidNinjas.com. I haven't been over to the forums there in quite awhile, but I'd bet you folks (and the SPCR team) are not alone in having the sig images screwed up.
I just thought it was strange that some peoples signatures would work while others would come up with an error when the only difference in the signatures is the userid. The problem seems to affect the newer folders.

Zyzzyx, you inspired me to make the effort to go over to LiquidNinjas.com and see what was up. Here is what I found in the forums:
I restored the last good stats that we received, so the skins will work. I gotta wait for stanford to fix their end before I can process anymore updates.
http://www.liquidninjas.com/bbs/showthr ... eadid=7523

Their inability to process anymore updates would explain why the problem affects new folders. Now that Stanford's servers are officially back up, maybe we'll start seeing our stats in our sigs again. Until....
LiquidNinjas.com will be down in entirety from Monday morning 2/16 till Tuesday evening 2/17. The server will be moved to a new location. The IP will also be changing.

It may take 1-2 weeks for the DNS servers around the world to catch up with the IP change. This is normal. NT based machines can clear their browser cache, and can run IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS from the command line which may update your records. If you rely on your ISP's DNS server, you may want to contact them next week after Wednesday to update their DNS cache for you.

Until then, http://www.liquidninjas.com will not work. However, you may attempt to use http://www2.liquidninjas.com. Do NOT enter that in to your browser until after Wednesday. If you type www2 address now, it will prevent this address from working when the server is up in the new location. This www2 address will work because it should be a fresh DNS entry, and should recover the proper IP without resorting to any DNS cache. But just don't type it in until Wednesday.

You may access the new server by direct IP (ie, http://123.45.67.89) until LiquidNinjas.com DNS is straightened out. I am not sure what the new IP is yet. If I find out by Sunday I will post it here. If not, please check out PCLincs.co.uk or XtremeSystems.org, I will post the updated information there. You may also contact the other Admins and Mods of this site (not me, you wont get me) for the updated information.
http://www.liquidninjas.com/bbs/announc ... forumid=44

So it looks like our signatures will have problems for a few more days.

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:19 pm

ArtCubed or is it Artcubed?

How did it feel to pass yourself? :wink:

ArtCubed

Post by ArtCubed » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:05 pm

ArtCubed is the accurate one (I think...), in place 151 at the moment, which will chance rapidly as I now have 3 computers/4 processors (got the Dual G5 running overtime now) to fold with.

And yes, it was fun passing myself again. I passed TheMuffinMan as Artcubed, and then passed as ArtCubed again.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:25 pm

For some bazaar reason Artcubed is still listed as green on EOC. For those of you who have been asleep, Artcubed is really ArtCubed. He fixed his username, but EOC seems to be having some trouble with the old one.

David

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:44 pm

I found the following on the FAQ:

FAQ: username
Finally, please note that usernames are case sensitive, so "Dave" and "dave" and "dAVE" are all different usernames.
I'm not sure why it was working before, EOC's stats database may have collapsed them down to one prior to the db corruption at Stanford, only speculation on my part.

Either way its fun to see two artcubeds green. And we wouldn't want to see one of them go grey would we? 'cause that would open up a whole 'nother can o'worms :wink:

ArtCubed

Post by ArtCubed » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:04 pm

Hopefully this will fix itself when he switches the system over (click "IMPORTANT-PLEASE READ" for more info on the list of teams page...and we're set, so don't e-mail the guy.)

If not, then I'll e-mail him to have it fixed.

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:07 am

Here is a strange stat. ArtCubed is listed at Folding@Home stats as Zero active processors in the last week. At dyyryaths he has quite afew points listed for the week including points for the latest update.

I wonder what's up with that?

ArtCubed

Post by ArtCubed » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:41 pm

What's up with that is:
I don't actually have any active usernames under ArtCubed :P All of my machines have the username Artcubed...somehow everything got switched over to ArtCubed on EOC/dyyryath's stats.

How that happened is a whole 'nother question, one which I can't answer.

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:09 am

Here is the scary part;

Wonder where the points are going?

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:56 am

That IS weird. 0 active processors with a week? :shock:

David

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:21 am

Yet in EOC's Stats 'both' of him have posted points in the last 24Hrs and moved up places :shock:

Well... I guess it's all because..............

Pete

ArtCubed

Post by ArtCubed » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:00 pm

All of my processors are going to:
http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/use ... e=Artcubed

You'll see there are 3 active processors, but no points

all of the points are here:

Bizzare, bizzare.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:04 pm

Have your brought this up at folding-community.org? If not, you should. That would be the avenue to getting this resolved.

David