Panic over!!

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:38 am

BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!!

( :twisted: Thinks.... "Yet Another Lamb to the slaughter." :twisted: )

(Will they ever learn Scarf ? :wink: )

wussboy, any chance of borrowing one of your sacrificing knives? This ones been used so much recently I'm gotta send it for sharpening :twisted:

Gonna get it good before aston and ArtCubed (BOTH of you Art :wink: ) come knocking on my door too.

NEXT !!!

Pete :wink:

aston

Post by aston » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:47 pm

peteamer wrote:Gonna get it good before aston and ArtCubed (BOTH of you Art :wink: ) come knocking on my door too.
Wow, someone actually mentioned my name here... it must mean that I'm actually getting somewhere. 'Tis a good feeling. :D

Just wait until I get my mobile Barton... tremble at my folding might!

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:50 pm

peteamer wrote:Cheers Guys. 8)

Think I'll take pity on NullObject and let him past now. :twisted:

Hell... I feel so magnanimous I'm gonna even let him push me back to 101, just to show it's all in fun. :roll:

.."NEXT !!!"

Come on geordie, put on them fighting mitts... you just been slapped across the face with my duelling gloves you... you whatsit :twisted:

Getting bored with these low P.P.W., Think I'll hit the 'Turbo...' button and race Arm to the no. 1 spot 8)

Now,... where's me sacrificing knife? (You coming round wussboy?)

Rev. Voodoo Pete"the unassuming crafty bugger"Amer

8) 8) Fold on my Brothers 8) 8)

(Good enough Stevo ? :wink: )
Congratulations Rev. Voodoo Pete Amer! I've been away and unable to watch the stats. I knew you would beat me to 100, but I'm dissapointed that I didn't make it a better race :cry:

Thank you for 'etting me pass you :wink: I hope you enjoyed your stay on page 1 and I hope to see you back on page 1 soon :wink:

Would you go sacrifice something over at KWSN? Maybe you could bring aston with so he can say:
aston wrote:...tremble at my folding might!

again. See if that makes them run away :twisted:
geordie wrote:Congrats on making the top 100 Pete.

The race to 5000 points always looked more interesting though. And I'll be seeing that milestone before you.
Is it just me, or did geordie's production go down right after he challenged Pete. :?: :idea:

I think Pete's voodoo is working again. :wink:

And I think I'm betting on Pete this time :shock:

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:57 pm

peteamer wrote: ( :twisted: Thinks.... "Yet Another Lamb to the slaughter." :twisted: )
Doh! I thought we were sacrificing goats. I wonder if I can return the goats I just bought for Pete...I'm trying to get on his good side so that he stops pulling that voodoo stuff on me :wink:

Stevo@ARM
-- Vendor --

Post by Stevo@ARM » Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:41 pm

peteamer wrote:Cheers Guys. 8)

.... Getting bored with these low P.P.W., Think I'll hit the 'Turbo...' button and race Arm to the no. 1 spot 8)

Now,... where's me sacrificing knife? (You coming round wussboy?)

Rev. Voodoo Pete"the unassuming crafty bugger"Amer

8) 8) Fold on my Brothers 8) 8)

(Good enough Stevo ? :wink: )
You bet peteamer, fire up those 'Quantum-Folding Warp Cores' and add some more boost to the U.S.S. SPCR . :D
peteamer wrote:peteamer wrote:

( Thinks.... "Yet Another Lamb to the slaughter." )
NullObject wrote:Doh! I thought we were sacrificing goats. I wonder if I can return the goats I just bought for Pete...I'm trying to get on his good side so that he stops pulling that voodoo stuff on me :wink:
Not sure NullObject, Hmm... maybe he gets twice the points if he uses Goats and Lambs :twisted: Uh... Errr... Ehh... Just as long as he keeps it to four-legged farm animals we'll all probably be safe eh? :wink:

So... just how do we squeeze goats and lambs into the plasma injectors anyway? :? :roll: Trip, we need your help on the SPCR Folding Ship, peteamer wants to stuff goats and lambs into the plasma injectors to increase our warp speed :shock: you need to come down to Engineering and get the Folding Cores stabilized before this thing get's out of control. :shock:

Stevo
--------------
Trip... Trip?... The plasma mix is not right yet, we need your help to keep our warp speed steady at ORANGE :wink:

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:55 am

Stevo, your right, it's a special blend of goat, lamb and a tickle of peppers and onion :twisted:

Gotta get the mix just right tho...
was working on a new variation code named 'Kebab' just last week and my chief engineer called up from the engine room, and uttered those immortal words (In a Scots accent)..."Captain, She'll no..." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't understand your 'sqeeze' problem :shock:
We just explain 'macosx' quietly and they all jump to the fore fully understanding and so willing we actually loose some in the rush to help :twisted:

F.Y.I. We used to get the lamb from Wales... but found 'Virgin' lamb seems to have a greater effect :twisted:

Oh Yeah... just remembered, geordie you might wanna try the Kebab mix, reckon it's gonna take me about 1.1 weeks to get to 5000pts.. whereas by my calculation your gonna take about 1.9 weeks :twisted: :twisted:

aston,...ArtCubed come on... get a move on... I need a proper challenge :twisted:

Any wagers Gentlemen?

Anyone else? :twisted:

NullObject Well done on your 100 slot 8) 8)

Should be back on the first page with you within 24Hrs 8)

B.T.W. Was on a long boring train journey the other day and the guy opposite me was counting furiously.

"Excuse me" say I "What on earth are you doing?"

"I'm bored and counting the cows in the field!"

"Isn't that difficult at this speed?"

"Not if you use the right method!"

"Which is...?"

"Count the legs and divide by four!!!"

:shock: :shock:
-------------------------

Come on Boys... Back to folding 8)

Rev. Voodoo Pete Amer

Power to your Folding.

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:47 pm

peteamer wrote:NullObject Well done on your 100 slot 8) 8)

Should be back on the first page with you within 24Hrs 8)

B.T.W. Was on a long boring train journey the other day and the guy opposite me was counting furiously.

"Excuse me" say I "What on earth are you doing?"

"I'm bored and counting the cows in the field!"

"Isn't that difficult at this speed?"

"Not if you use the right method!"

"Which is...?"

"Count the legs and divide by four!!!"

:shock: :shock:
-------------------------

Come on Boys... Back to folding 8)

Rev. Voodoo Pete Amer

Power to your Folding.
Thanks Rev. Voodoo Pete Amer. It looks like I'm the last person to have the honor of knocking you back to page 2. I'm looking forward to you staying on page 1 permanently.

I shouldn't have read your post while drinking...I had to switch my keyboard with a dry one. Luckily I keep an extra in my office because I spill coffee on them so much :oops:

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:55 pm

NullObject...

I Salute You 8)

Pete_Amer 8)

Power to your Folding Brother :wink:

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:13 pm

peteamer wrote:NullObject...

I Salute You 8)

Pete_Amer 8)

Power to your Folding Brother :wink:
Pete Amer, I Salute You too. It was fun to race you, even if I did lose :?

I'll have a pint in your honor...cheers.

by the way, why do the english drink warm beer? Is that so they won't notice the difference between drinking beer or drinking p*%%? :roll: :wink:

I see in the other forums that you have found uses for the wool from your sacrifices :D

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:57 am

Hey Pete, I thought you would be back up to page 1 by now. Man, your moving like an old man. Image

:lol:

And sorry to those who can't see the 'cheers' emoticon. It was pointed out to me by david that all he could see is a box with a red x. I think its an issue with the address and IE..

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:19 am

Null, have just answered this on another thread :?

I copied and pasted the cheers link into a new I.E. window and that worked.

Cute emoticon 8)

geordie seems to have gone quiet :shock:, is he using all his energy to beat me to 5000?

Pete

geordie
Friend of SPCR

Post by geordie » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:51 am

geordie seems to have gone quiet :shock: , is he using all his energy to beat me to 5000?
Looks like I may need it too. I need to rack up another 1750 points before you get 550 :shock:
A few more days like today and I'll have you though :twisted: 400 points for me and a paltry 65 to your name.
You running out of animals to sacrifice or something :?: :twisted: :P

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:21 pm

geordie wrote:
geordie seems to have gone quiet :shock: , is he using all his energy to beat me to 5000?
Looks like I may need it too. I need to rack up another 1750 points before you get 550 :shock:
A few more days like today and I'll have you though :twisted: 400 points for me and a paltry 65 to your name.
You running out of animals to sacrifice or something :?: :twisted: :P
It looks like I may have placed my mopney on the wrong person with the to 5000 points race. geordie/captain_andriod your ramp up in production has been impressive. I'm starting to worry that you will start growing larger in my rearview mirror. Hmmm...need more GHz.

Rev. Voodoo Pete Amer I still believe in you and I still believe that you will beat captain_andriod to 5000 pts :roll:

Really I do :wink:

And thanks for checking the link. It seems that the issue is more complicated than I though it was. Pop on over to the test forum if you have any ideas. Thanks!

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:50 pm

He's BACK :!:

First Page again!!!!!!!!!!

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:04 am

Cheers for noticing unregistered 8)

Heh... NullObject, your lucky for that extra 7 points you have, putting you just in front of skeller...
otherwise I'd be one place behind you again :twisted: :twisted:

Best you ramp-up a little if I were you... I'm thinking of ordering a new comp (Well... MB and chip) thro work (V. cheap)
and a MB for my Athlon 1.4 thats in a box doing nothing :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That would give me:
  1. Athlon XP 2800+ @ 24/7
  2. Athlon XP 2400+ @ 24/7
  3. Athlon 1.4 ......... @ 24/7
  4. Athlon XP 1600+ @ 78% uptime
My only concern is that it might rattle you and geordie :twisted:

Hang on... just thought about that...'The Best thing about it is...' :twisted: :twisted:

Might wait till geordie has gone past, then I can put you both in your Place(s) :wink:

"Oh geeoordiee!.... time for you to put a little extra coal on the fire and build up some more steam"

Light Love and Peace to all. :wink:

Rev. Voodoo Pete

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:53 pm

peteamer wrote:Cheers for noticing unregistered 8)

Heh... NullObject, your lucky for that extra 7 points you have, putting you just in front of skeller...
otherwise I'd be one place behind you again :twisted: :twisted:

Best you ramp-up a little if I were you... I'm thinking of ordering a new comp (Well... MB and chip) thro work (V. cheap)
and a MB for my Athlon 1.4 thats in a box doing nothing :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That would give me:
  1. Athlon XP 2800+ @ 24/7
  2. Athlon XP 2400+ @ 24/7
  3. Athlon 1.4 ......... @ 24/7
  4. Athlon XP 1600+ @ 78% uptime
My only concern is that it might rattle you and geordie :twisted:

Hang on... just thought about that...'The Best thing about it is...' :twisted: :twisted:

Might wait till geordie has gone past, then I can put you both in your Place(s) :wink:

"Oh geeoordiee!.... time for you to put a little extra coal on the fire and build up some more steam"

Light Love and Peace to all. :wink:

Rev. Voodoo Pete
Pete, congratulations on regaining page 1. I always knew you could do it :roll:

Your still so close because I discovered a machine hasn't been able to connect to a server to send results/get new work for at least a day and my big point producer has been down since Monday. I just discoverd that :?

I had been wondering why my points were down and why you were getting so close :shock:

I think I can handle the extra fire power, if not I need to get my new folding boxen stat. Hopefully I won't lose too much in Vegas. I'll be at the blackjack table thinking, there goes a mobo, lost another cpu.

geordie is the one that's starting to worry me.

It looks like some of the newcomers are gunning for you already Pete :wink:

geordie
Friend of SPCR

Post by geordie » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:35 am

NullObject wrote:geordie is the one that's starting to worry me
I'll have an extra XP 2500+ machine to add to the cause this weekend too :D

That is provided Pete keeps his voodoo stick away from the nice ParcelForce van with the parts on it :P
He's still working his evil curse on me I think :evil: Got home from work yesterday, flicked on the monitor to check on the points and ... nothing. The pc was on, but just a blinking orange light from the monitor :? . Needed some reset switch action to get it back into life. Checking the fah log file the pc got comatosed or something and did nothing for 6 hours :x That's like ... 30 points or something! :(

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Thu Feb 26, 2004 7:53 am

geordie wrote:I'll have an extra XP 2500+ machine to add to the cause this weekend too :D

That is provided Pete keeps his voodoo stick away from the nice ParcelForce van with the parts on it :P
He's still working his evil curse on me I think :evil: Got home from work yesterday, flicked on the monitor to check on the points and ... nothing. The pc was on, but just a blinking orange light from the monitor :? . Needed some reset switch action to get it back into life. Checking the fah log file the pc got comatosed or something and did nothing for 6 hours :x That's like ... 30 points or something! :(
A XP2500+ :shock: ...I did a quick scan of that recent 2500 thread and they appeared to be worth ~700 ppw. Does that sound right?

Hmmm...I'm not to worried yet :roll:

I'll race you to 10,000 pts geordie :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:40 am

geordie, if you get that 2500+ on-line tonight, you may.. just may beat me to 5000.

If you wait till tom. morning it will be just too late.

By the weekend end (?) and it's definately too late.

Just to be sporting I'm not ordering my kit till you've gone past, wouldn't do to change the balance :wink:

Besides,.. I can watch you grimace as I catch you and then pass you :twisted:

Light Love and Peace

The Rev.

TheScarf

Post by TheScarf » Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:54 am

The Rev.
Herein lies the problem....the comments go to their head and they think they're invincible..... :P Better add a couple (of dozen) machines to the fold to live up to the (self-proclaimed) moniker, Pete!!!

Out of interest, ALL of you lilly-white WHINGEING POMS.... just got utterly and outrageously tanked with Mark Gardner, ex of a band called Ride, this evening(morning, dawn, the start of peak hour... :oops: )...What a band, what a styling individual!! Right, back on topic....well done dasman!!!

Must sober up. work in less than an hour....ok, lets be honest. must be at work....sober?????????? thats a joke I suppose....good lord, someone throw me in the shower.....

ps. even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day......

(pick the film :D )

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:07 pm

TheScarf wrote:
The Rev.
Herein lies the problem....the comments go to their head and they think they're invincible..... :P Better add a couple (of dozen) machines to the fold to live up to the (self-proclaimed) moniker, Pete!!!

Out of interest, ALL of you lilly-white WHINGEING POMS.... just got utterly and outrageously tanked with Mark Gardner, ex of a band called Ride, this evening(morning, dawn, the start of peak hour... :oops: )...What a band, what a styling individual!! Right, back on topic....well done dasman!!!

Must sober up. work in less than an hour....ok, lets be honest. must be at work....sober?????????? thats a joke I suppose....good lord, someone throw me in the shower.....

ps. even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day......

(pick the film :D )
If I remember right, Pete was given that moniker, instead of assuming it and it was because of his tendency to sound like a Rev. whipping his flock into a religous...er...folding frenzy.

Can I get an Amen? :wink:

Ride...that's a band I had forgotten about. That would bring back memories of college, if I could remember college :wink:

TheScarf

Post by TheScarf » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:36 pm

**way off topic/ you know you're in trouble when you turn up at work filling in for management with a guitar and you think you're going to get away with it...yes college NullObject, still sounds great!!**

Pete was given that moniker, but these days, he seems to have publicly addressed himself with the same said title.....representing the Lord are we Pete?? :twisted:

I fold at the waist in deference.... :P :P

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:28 pm

...AMEN !!!

Scarf

I just got back from the Pub... have read this .... and it's obvious your pissed. :evil:

I think thats completely... putrid and incomprehensible.... :evil: ...

Why aren't you completely 'Twated' like the rest of us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can someone whose closer pass him some (lots of) paracetamol ?

Hey... Scarf... How's your head this morning.../afternoon???

Light Love and Peace to All :lol: :lol:

Peteno monickerAmer

:lol: :lol:

TheScarf

Post by TheScarf » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:58 am

Feeling better now, Pete, thanks for your heartfelt concern... :P

AND its about time you stayed in the top 100 for more than 5 minutes!!

*cracks open yet another beer in honour and chases it down with a shiraz and a chardonnay and .....etc.*

geordie
Friend of SPCR

Post by geordie » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:20 am

Congrats to Pete on making it to 5000 points. :twisted:

Wasn't too much of a race in the end :oops: I'm still 500 points off

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:06 am

geordie, Cheers matey 8), it was more of a race than you give yourself credit for.

Looks like you'll be on the first page soon... and unlike me you should stay there 8)

Looking forward to you passing me and causing NullObject hassle :twisted:

Big-up to my mate John who started folding for SPCR recently, you won't see him in the stats yet, he suffered from a slight... 'Typo' :wink:
(Life of Brian: "I'm called Brian, so's my Mate :twisted: )

In an effort to help a mate, he even borged his father's celery500 :lol: (That's what you call a Friend 8) ) :wink:
Should pass in it's first WU about April :?

Come on Artcubed & aston, What you waiting for?... :twisted: 'Put 'em up' :twisted:

Scarfy, you still in here?

Anyone else up for a Battle?

Anyone Brave enough?

Anyone got what it takes?

Come on... I'm undefeated... and Loving it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Love to all.

Rev.Voodoo Pete

aston

Post by aston » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:13 pm

Quit taunting me, I've run out of computers to borg. :P :lol:

geordie
Friend of SPCR

Post by geordie » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:27 pm

Woo hoo
Into the top 100 :)

Well I am on EOC anyway. LN is a bit slow updating the sigs

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

:-)

Post by peteamer » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:34 pm

geordie, Big Congrats on your Top 100 :-)And your Strong Yellow 8)

aston, stop! whinging and get on with it you sniffling little wuz. :wink:

Stand up and fight like a... SPCRer :twisted:

You can do it.

Come whip my skinny little ass. 8)

Your not far behind me and you out gun me.

Don't hear Artcubed making little whimpers :wink:

Mind you... don't hear from him at all :shock:

What say you: NullObject, geordie unregistered, Scarf, should this man not be talking fighting talk?

(Send Dasman and I a couple of goats and we may forgive your puny little dribblings, otherwise it's of to OZ for you Matey :twisted:)
(That's how us English used to sort our problems :twisted: )

Oh... Hello Scarf :lol: :lol: ( B.T.W. got completely trollied with the original Bassist from 999 on Sunday 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8))

Ahyway,.. enough about these oldtimers :roll: are any of you 'New(er than me :wink: )bies' gonna come up with a challenge...

I'm stuck on a couple of hORRIBLE(copyright ARM2004) ones at the moment, however their worth 57.61 & 70.77 points. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Having dropped two 60 pointers in the last 3 days already :twisted: :twisted:

NEXT !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Rev.Voodoo Pete

Kemokim

Post by Kemokim » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:49 pm

Hehe pete ill race ya till 10.000 even though itll take a while :P