No Stats?

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

unregistered

No Stats?

Post by unregistered » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:41 am

Dyyryath's shut his stats down.

EOC is stopped.

This is the only stats I can find. http://www.statsman.info/folding2stats/

:( :(

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:40 am

Arachnid wrote:I told you it was probably coming and so it has. I've taken Arachnid offline and it won't be back. It's been running now for about a year and a half with very little in the way of trouble, but it's about time for something bigger and better. I'm currently working on a new stats system with support for pretty much every project under the sun. It isn't ready yet, but I decided to take Arachnid down now for several reasons. One is to offload some of the bandwidth usage I'm seeing on this line. The other is to free up some computer resources for use on the new project.

The new system (which I haven't come up with a good name for yet) will be hosted elsewhere on a much larger pipe. It will probably be distributed across several servers and may even become a collaborative effort at some time in the future. I've already got a large chunk of the new codebase written, but it's a long way from being done. I know this leaves some of you without stats for awhile and for that I'm sorry. I promise that I'll try to ensure that the new system is good enough to make up for it. ;)

In the meantime, you can find a good list of stats compiled by my buddy IronBits right here. The page is created primarily for Free-DC users, but if you look in the 3rd party stats column, you'll find an array of links going to other stats sites. Hopefully you'll find something useful among them!

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:58 am

Does EOC reset the "Points today" and "Points week" to zero every sunday?

Too bad about Arachnid's, I liked them better than the "new" EOC stats.

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 7:05 am

Yeah, it was nice to have both Arachnid and EOC as both offered unique info.

It is a little puzzling that the weekly points at EOC have been reset to zero today. :?

M

NullObject

Post by NullObject » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:00 pm

The graphs and other features of the old EOC reporting pages are back. :) :lol: :D

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:57 pm

Along with Dyyryaths demise is the charts (sticky) comparisons of the Mac-Crybabies and the Ni-Ni's.

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:21 am

Is anyone else feeling that the EOC User stats are duff?

My total climbs OK, but my production 'Today' or in the 3 hourly table mostly seems to be zero! Even when I have completed a 160 pointer about 6 hours ago!

Also the use of CST as a fixed base means 'today' is all wrong and getting hard to wok out what has been counted and what is missing?

Wrah
Patron of SPCR

Post by Wrah » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:14 am

I really don't understand that guy at EOC. Putting a lot of his time into changing everything around just to end up with something that is basically the same as before, just a little different. The only 'new' thing is the slightly changed overtake list. I mean, if you decide to completely redo everything, there have to be some really neat improvements to make it worth the effort, right? Otherwise, why bother? His site was already great and without any apparent shortcomings.
And as far as I'm concerned the old stats were better. For example, it's annoying that the daily scores get reset every day. And the avg points per day are imho totally useless in the all-teams-list. I'm much more interested in the actual points of the last 24 hours. And the avg ppd and ppw seems to be the average of like a whole year or something, they change so slowly. Same with the overtake predictions. Look at our team score and that of team MacOSX. The only way to compare them is to open both teams in seperate windows and compare the daily score history. We have been producing equal or more ppd for the last 3 days and still the all-teams list shows us producing 1k pd less then them. I don't care about the avg daily score, I want the real scores.
And even more annoying is not showing the current time next to the last update time. Have to figure out all the time what the time difference is between CST and GMT+1 just to figure out if I'm looking at a new update or not.

Let's start a petition to get the old stats back. :x

/rant off

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:49 am

The overtake stuff is better on the new EOC stats and it does update a lot faster than the old one, which was taking 45 minutes to more than an hour sometimes. The time difference thing is not much of a problem for me as I'm only 2 hours different from cst. I can see how it would be a little funky for you folks in eu.

My favorite thing is converting gmt to pacific time - let's see, uhh, 0300 gmt, plus, no, minus 8 is -0500, uhh, 5 plus 12 is 17, no, wait 12-5 is 7. AM? no, PM. Duh.

Regading the EOC stats again. Maybe a polite post at the EOC forum would be in order. I'm sure Jason will take your suggestions under advisement. I too was used to the old stats and liked them better. Haven't really adapted to the new yet.

M

ColdFlame

Post by ColdFlame » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:18 am

I think the main advantage of new stat system is that it works faster. It used to take up to 30 mins to complete the stats and now it is around 10-15. Also it is much quicker to display in my browser. That alone is worth it.