ARM giving us a hand

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

ARM giving us a hand

Post by haysdb » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:24 pm

Welcome to SPCR's response to Phase B.

True to their word, Roy and Stevo of ARM Systems are giving us some extra points when we need them. In this case, their boost is helping Team SPCR in our "race" against Team MacOSX to overtake EOC for #22 overall, and to help keep Team MaxOSX from overtaking US!

As Roy has mentioned several times, we cannot expect this kind of production from them day after day, but it's great to know they are there for us when we need them.

This little competition with MacOSX doesn't mean much to some of you, and that's fine, but it means a great deal to me, so this is just ME giving a big Thank You to Roy and Stevo of ARM. Image

David

NoahJ

Post by NoahJ » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:10 pm

Phase B Which has yet to be implemented I might add. It should be coming soon... Getting impatient though...

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:14 pm

With ARM now offsetting Macaholics massive output, it's now 143 against 334, which I consider a fair fight. ;)

David

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:44 am

haysdb, I noticed that wgragg is really pouring it on. Image Can you feel the wind at your back? :lol:

Macrybabie Phase B: buy more PC's and get them folding.Image

Wrah
Patron of SPCR

Post by Wrah » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:03 am

I think more teammembers other then ARM deserve some credit for this as well. The first day that we equaled TeamMacOSX's score ARM was upping their production but it was still lower then last week. Some of the top-15 producers have produced 100-200 ppd more the last few days. And we have some new decent folders aboard, like 1911user producing 150 ppd.

It is a team effort. :)
Last edited by Wrah on Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:08 am

I'm just anxious for wgragg to get around me so I can get back in the passing lane. Prior to the resurgence of ARM Systems, wgragg was our #2 folder in terms of current production. His conquest list is the who's-who of team SPCR - tragus, mas92264, CharlieChan, and Zhantar in the next 3 weeks, and even mjrusso45 and bkh are on his list, 2 and 3 months out respectively. That's a juggernaut.

juggernaut: An overwhelming, advancing force that crushes or seems to crush everything in its path

David

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:10 am

Wrah wrote:There are more teammembers other then ARM that deserve some credit for this as well. The first day that we equaled TeamMacOSX's score ARM was upping their production but it was still lower then last week.

It's a team effort. :)
Absolutely. I sure don't mean to diminish anyone's efforts by pointing out what ARM is doing for the team.

David

Wrah
Patron of SPCR

Post by Wrah » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:13 am

Geez, what are you doing up in the middle of the night? Image I was still editing my post cause there's usually nobody reading this forum anyway at this time. :)

Now let the stats be and go to bed. You are getting sleepy.. ImageImage

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:31 am

I'm a Night Owl. When you need to be worried about me is when you see me on here before noon!

Speaking of new folders, take a look at the Top 15 Producers and there amongst the household names are D_Bailey at #7, dasman at #8, and sthayashi at #15. Those three together are producing over 1700 PPD.

David

Good night! :D

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:20 am

I'm folding as fast as I can David. I am even adding my last 2 processors today, though that force sse problem cost me about 200 points yesterday....sigh.

Maybe we should rename this team ARM&Hammer?

:wink:

Wendell

Stevo@ARM
-- Vendor --

Post by Stevo@ARM » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:45 am

wgragg wrote:I'm folding as fast as I can David. I am even adding my last 2 processors today, though that force sse problem cost me about 200 points yesterday....sigh.

Maybe we should rename this team ARM&Hammer?

:wink:

Wendell
Keep it up guys! Roy and I are just trying to help make sure that all your folding diligence and hard work keeps you ahead of MacOS X. As I survey the folding landscape for Team SPCR, I am very impressed! The whole team has been doing absolutely fantastic!

I am very impressed with all the new members production efforts, and the steady production of the steadfast core folders, just look at ARM as the team's strategic Stealth Fighter when you need it. Image but your overall combined team effort is what wins the marathon. Image

In the long run every single folder with a single PC or 10 or 20 in a farm makes a difference. So everyone give yourselves a pat on the back for keeping the pedal to the medal. Just don't take both hands off the wheel or your foot off the throttle for even one second. Team MacOS X is very determined, and despite all the RAID we have sprayed on them, those cockroaches are still on our tail. Image

More CPU's on the fire, recruit, recruit, recruit, we've got to 'Slow that Mustang down' ....however as it stands now regarding the race to overtake EOC, they will be staring at SPCR's taillights for nowImageImageImage Image

Keep up the great effort guys! This team is really coming on strong!

Stevo
-------------
....anybody know where can I buy some more jet-fuel :lol:

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:20 pm

ARM Systems has leapfrogged all the way to #6 today, and will reach 100K points in just two more days!

David

Douglas Bailey
Friend of SPCR

Post by Douglas Bailey » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:21 am

Stevo - just for the record I think you are the wackiest member of our team. I am SOOOO glad you and the ARM team is here. Thanks for all the help, and especially for the good spirit. You are one of the group that makes it fun around here.

(and where in the world do you come up with all those insane emoticons! :) )

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:44 pm

Congrats to ARM Systems for breaking 100K points. CharlieChan and ma92264 will be there too in just three or four days, with wgragg close behind. tragus isn't far away either.

David

mas92264
Patron of SPCR

Post by mas92264 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:08 am

Some of us :twisted: are also nearing the top 500 and should be there in the next week or 2. :)

M

Newest folder: 2600+ Barton at 2200 mhz, stock vcore. Currently grinding the sharp edges off a 160 pointer in 23:22 per frame, average of 24 frames.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:03 pm

ARM Systems has taken over the #5 spot.

David

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:54 pm

Looks like they had better start throwing in a few MORE of their body parts as well! :wink: Time is of the essence! There's a new kid in town! Courtesy of The Eagles! Their new 401K tour coming to an arena near you!
There’s talk on the street, it sounds so familiar.
Great expectations, everybody’s watching you.
People you meet they all seem to know you,
Even your old friends treat you like you’re something new.

Johnny-come-lately, the new kid in town,
Everybody loves you, so don’t let them down.

haysdb
Patron of SPCR

Post by haysdb » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:26 am

I don't want to let Stevo and Roy's cat out of the bag, but uh, rumour has it that they have a little something up their collective sleeves. :D

David

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:19 am

Ray and Steve have a cat up their sleeves? I sure hope it is declawed!

You know, I though about this and do you realize that if the Mac team had to do with as many active users as we have, we would be leaving them in a cloud of dust?

Nice thought.

alcimedes

Post by alcimedes » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:35 am

You know, I though about this and do you realize that if the Mac team had to do with as many active users as we have, we would be leaving them in a cloud of dust?

Nice thought.
yeah, that doesn't surprise me. my total computer power adds up to about 18Ghz, and i'm ranked third or fourth in production for the team on a daily basis.

i think the majority of our members are probably folding with 1 or 2 machines. not a lot of multi-machine setups.

Macaholic

Post by Macaholic » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:37 am

We all know who the dust in the wind is! Just thought I'd remind you! :lol: Thank you Kansas! David you should definitely know the words to this one!
I close my eyes,
Only for a moment and the moment's gone
All my dreams,
Pass before my eyes, that curiosity

C: Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind

Same old song,
Just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do,
Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

[2]

Don't hang on,
Nothing last forever but the earth and sky
It slips away,
And all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind

sthayashi
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by sthayashi » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:36 am

wgragg wrote:You know, I though about this and do you realize that if the Mac team had to do with as many active users as we have, we would be leaving them in a cloud of dust?
That is a nice thought, but remember that the Knights can say the same about us.

wgragg

Post by wgragg » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:59 am

True, but you have to let me have some consolation while we are in the process of being passed!

Besides, we can come up with some corny reason for those miscreants!