Furious_G's challenge

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

furious

Furious_G's challenge

Post by furious » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:58 am

Ok, well i've been folding for SPCR for less than two weeks now. I have convinced everyone in my office to use their machine for folding as well as my own two home machines.

My daily point average is 278 and i've basically gone to no effort.

I'm charging up the rankings within our team and gaining fast to get in the top 100 especially if can convince people in the next department at work to fold as well.

Here is my challege, especially to the guys higher up the order - DON'T LET ME PASS YOU! I'll be trying to knock everyone off becuase i'm aiming (maybe foolishly) to knockoff TCR-13!

I don't mean any nastyness by this I just want to up the ante a bit a get a bit of competitveness going! So there is my challenge, so recruit family, freinds, co-wokrers hell even your roommates iMac :wink: AND GET FOLDING FOR TEAM 31574 :!:

Michael_qrt

Post by Michael_qrt » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:54 am

Well you've certainly got lofty goals. Perhaps that's just the thing this team needs to kick it into gear.

When you get on my threats list let me know:)

So what is the datails of all of these office machines you have working for you? What processors? how many? how long are they on per day? how much cpu time is normally used?(not a lot I'll bet).

So what's the plan for rocketing up the rankings? A bunch of office machines are a good start but they can be a bit erratic and hard to maintain (such as if they get re-imaged). If you seriously want to move up the list in a hurry then what you need is a farm....

furious

Post by furious » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:09 am

The office machines are mostly 1.8Ghz Pentium 4's. About half of them are on 24/7, the other half are on 9-10hours a day. They are only used for basic email / word processing so F@H should get 100% most of the time.

Since I don't have access to high power machines my tactic is "death by a thousand cuts". In other words, get a whole mass of office machines working for me. I work in a 40 storey office block in Melbourne, Australia. So once i've convinced my floor to fold then I just have to try and convince the managers of the other floors to let me install it.

So while I may not be on your threat list yet.....watch this space! :wink:

TRC-13
Patron of SPCR

Post by TRC-13 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:09 am

All I can say is "Bring it on!" Things are more "interesting" when I have someone on my tail.

Just to make things interesting I'll bump up the pace a bit. :twisted: I better see you within the top 100 in a week!

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... s=&t=31574

- TRC-13

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:59 am

TRC-13 wrote:All I can say is "Bring it on!" Things are more "interesting" when I have someone on my tail.
We're all on your 'tail'... (for instance, if you 'briefly pause' your folding (for 20 odd years), I'll be right on your back door!! :P )

I'm all for joining in on some 'team building' challenging, not that I would actualy start something myself of course... :roll:

Any ideas anyone?...

Pete

Tibors
Patron of SPCR

Post by Tibors » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:12 am

peteamer wrote:Any ideas anyone?...
If you convince the Chinese to buy less oil and the Americans and the Iraqi's to stop fighting, so the energy prices go back down. Then I'll start folding again.

Aleksi
Friend of SPCR

Post by Aleksi » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:17 am

a bit offtopic (surprise), but one of the things that got me hooked on folding was of course the good cause, but also the fact, that while folding my main rig is running at 100%. That usually brings a whole new challenge the quieting/silencing your computer.

"A true silencer folds?"

:twisted: (just trying to get someone to go "I'll fold and show that finnish dumbass!!")

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:10 am

Aleksi wrote:one of the things that got me hooked on folding was of course the good cause
That's more like it... 8)

Any more positive thoughts or inspiration ?...

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:49 pm

peteamer wrote:Any more positive thoughts or inspiration ?...
The prime mover of every human action is motivation... Our motivation should be simple and sincere. Whether we achieve the goal or not does not matter so long as our motivation is very sincere and we make the attempt.

© Dalai Lama

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:49 am

Uh Oh............. Furious G. don't look in your rear view mirror :P . Better put the HAMMER down!

furious

Post by furious » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:34 pm

I know!!! Bojh is doing a good job!!! I've had one of my better machines off line for a few days now whilst I water cool it (Zalman resorator). But it's back up and going now. The temps are good, so i'm going to be o/c it a little bit to speed things up a bit.

I'll be adding another 10 1.8ghz P4's later this week, these are on 24hrs/6 days so expect a little kick along soon!

Just an idea, whilst it's against the rules to borg machines, is it against the rules to secretly overclock the machines in my office that have agreed to run f@h?

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:28 pm

As long as they don't know they're on virtual steroids, it won't hurt them. ;)

furious

Post by furious » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:18 pm

TRC-13 wrote:All I can say is "Bring it on!" Things are more "interesting" when I have someone on my tail.

Just to make things interesting I'll bump up the pace a bit. :twisted: I better see you within the top 100 in a week!

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... s=&t=31574

- TRC-13
Well, it took longer than a week (allot longer)! But I'm in the top 100! :D

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:33 am

Well Done Matey!! 8)

Time for a celebration methinks...

Pete

unregistered

Post by unregistered » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:45 pm

I see you in my rear view telescope. I will have something for you when you get a little closer :evil: :twisted: Some lowlife computer thief cut my folding in half, but that will not thwart me much longer :!: :!:

miker
Patron of SPCR

Post by miker » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:55 am

I dunno... I can barely see you back there! 8) :wink: