Who else misses QMDs

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

SignoDX

Who else misses QMDs

Post by SignoDX » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:40 am

Hi everyone,

Its been pretty quiet around here for the last while, so I decided to post something to discuss.

As some of you may know, Stanford has withdrawn the QMD units for the next few weeks in order to analyze the results that have been recieved so far. This has caused my total points production to have taken a pretty severe hit. I've gone down from around 450 points / day to less than 300 :(. I guess I could say that I've been spoiled by the hefty bonus points that I've recieved from folding QMDs (just about half of my points are from them :mrgreen:) as I've been folding them for the past 6 months. Now I'm stuck folding Ambers and GBGromacs which take quite a bit longer and don't have Big Work Unit bonuses - all my machines are capable of folding large work units, Stanford, pls send some my way :wink:.

This has also happened at the most inoppurtune time for me, as JanW and Furious_G are right on my tail and will probably pass me within the week, I was hoping to hold them off for a little bit longer, lol :twisted:.

Oh well, I guess I'm done my ranting, afterall I'm folding for the science, not just the points (although they are a pretty big incentive to folding :lol:)

So my question for you guys: Does anyone else miss the QMD work units? Does not having QMDs around affect you in a good way, or in a bad way?

J

StarfishChris

Post by StarfishChris » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:48 am

QMDs didn't do much for me. However, Double Gromacs seem to give me the most PPD. Now if only the other machines were on more than 5 hours a day... :twisted:

qviri

Post by qviri » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:53 am

I tried to borg a couple of machines in the university's computer labs to do some overnight simulation assignment calculations ;) for me, only to find out they automatically reboot around 2 AM. Can you say "d'oh".