Troubles uploading results or downloading new work units?

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

NeilBlanchard

Troubles uploading results or downloading new work units?

Post by NeilBlanchard » Mon May 01, 2006 2:42 pm

Hello,

Has anybody else had problems uploading results? I've had 3 different work units that have been finished (4-5 days ago?) and they keep trying to upload, but not being successful...

Just curious.
Last edited by NeilBlanchard on Tue May 23, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peteamer
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by peteamer » Tue May 02, 2006 8:43 am

Hi Neil, are they all trying to reach the same server at Stanford?

Did you know you can check server problems/issues at: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/serverstat.html ?

The only other thing I can suggest is to stop/restart the client...

Good Luck

Regards
Pete

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed May 03, 2006 5:03 pm

Hi Pete,

It turned out that my router/firewall/modem was the culprit -- I went back to the old modem on a different router/firewall -- and the units uploaded almost immediately! :roll:

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue May 23, 2006 4:37 pm

Hello,

On this computer that I have just rebuilt and installed Windows from scratch again, I am using the 5.03 GUI client, and it has not been able to download a work unit in the past day or so?! It says: "Core download error (#8), waiting before retry..."

Has anybody else seen this? Is it just Stanford's servers? I've been looking at the machine, but it is using the same firewall (Kerio) that I have on the other machines, and they are basically fine -- though one took about half a day to finally get a new work unit...

Zyzzyx
Friend of SPCR

Post by Zyzzyx » Wed May 24, 2006 5:18 pm

I've had a couple delays (2-4 hours) in the last couple weeks for uploading finished results. Each time its resolved itself though, no messing with the client by me.

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Wed May 24, 2006 7:01 pm

Greetings,

I asked the question over at the F@H forums, and got a quick answer:

http://forum.folding-community.org/view ... 291#134291

It was not too involved: the bottom line is their server .112 is overloaded/not working well, and so I (eventually) followed the directions, downloaded the core, edited in the hex editor, used WinRar to extract it, renamed the .EXE -- and then my client's repaired machine finally started Folding, once again. Look for a unit from NAngey at some point in the near future! :)