Just Borgafied 2nd Puter

A forum just for SPCR's folding team... by request.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

fastturtle

Just Borgafied 2nd Puter

Post by fastturtle » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:38 pm

Finally got around to adding f@h to the other system at the house and should start seeing results in about a week.

The system is an Athlon 1300 with 512 megs running XP-SP2 so it's not going to add lots of points to my ID but it's at least adding to them and team SPC.

fastturtle

Finally Into Top 100 folders for Team SPCR

Post by fastturtle » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:26 pm

Just checked the listing and discovered I've finally made it into the top 100 (#100 on the list) and I'm pretty damn excited about that. The best part is the fact that the two computers I've got running clients are pretty slow, an XP1800 and a T-Bird 1300 but as they sit fairly idle, I see no reason to not use them to help out a project that's of interest to me.

I'm also getting ready to add a client to my new Turion ML34 Notebook and see how much of a boost that gives me. Just need to remember to leave the damn thing running or configure it to only accept non-deadline WU's. In regards to boosting performance on the desktops, I'm looking into the new ATI GPU client that's being released along with a possible video card upgrade using an X800XT for both systems. If the client will run correctly on that card, then I think it's time to finally upgrade to a video card with some serious power even though it means I'd have to upgrade the PSU on both systems to handle the new cards. Gives me a reason to get a pair of Seasonic S12-380's along with much better video cards. :o

Well I'm going to take the time to write a review of my new Notebook system and let people know just how nice a unit it turned out to be. :shock:

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:29 pm

Good deal! Persistence is the best way to build up points.

You can use the GUI client to keep F@H from running while the laptop is on battery.